Warrington loves Lucie - Christmas Lights switch on

Gary

It is well worth he 35p to maintain the look of horror on Cowell's face.

but that look of horror will probably turn to glee when he releases their first single (probably a Christmassy one next month!!) and it makes him a few more millions!!

It is well worth the 35p to maintain the look of horror on Cowell's face.

Apparently it doesn't cost anywhere near that much if you use the other 'totally legal' method of voting. They havent got a sponsor this week though which is not supprising seeing as their company has taken a bit of stick in the papers this week :? Perhaps 'someone' from Ireland will sponsor the voting company for the next few weeks so the Irish can still vote :wink::D

Love it or hate it the x-factor coverage on this website has had the biggest viewing figures on this website - and like all newspapers and media we publish what attracts the most interest.

So when you all moan about doom and gloom, bad news stories and x-factor coverage - just remember media organisations publish stories which create the most interest/demand! :roll:

Having said that we do not make stories up! :wink:

The thing I find surprising about this debate is the number of otherwise erudite people who clearly have some knowledge about this Lucie girl and various other "celebs" I can honestly say I have never heard of the people you are talking about. All I do know is that it doesn't say much for Warrington if it gets someone who was knocked out of a talent contest to switch on its lights!

But really we are all missing the point. The whole idea of having a switching on ceremony for the Christmas lights is to boost trade for the town.

Over here in Frodsham we have our own, mercifully, much smaller switch on ceremony and the general view of traders seems to be that it offers a distraction rather than an incentive to spend in local shops. I wonder if the same is true in Warrington? Has anyone asked the traders if it brings any business to the town?