Warrington Town's Barmy Army - best supporters in the league

Gary

Its growing week by week matt, the combination of free entry for Warrington Collegiate students, cheap entry prices for those that pay and excellent enjoyment (banter with players, manager and board members) you will have to come down and sample the atmosphere generated by us lot one game

I will be doing whenever it is you play Leigh (New Years Day, I think?). Sounds like we'll have bring down our own yoof to counter-act yours :lol:

Bloody hell, where have that lot appeared from?!

Rick has just about summed it up and has personally done a lot of hard work promoting the club in his spare time which is greatly appreciated by everyone at the club.

The barmy army is growing and the atmosphere at Warrington Town games is now electric.

Would be nice to have a bit of a challenge in the singing stakes at your place, for a change :wink:

I don't recall much singing from the Leigh fans in the FA Cup match earlier in the season? :wink:

Really? There was quite a bit in the second half, as I recall. We're quite used to losing Gary, particularly in the FA Cup, so it doesn't usually affect the vocals!

A night out round town and a bit of rain and half the barmy army stay in bed! :roll:

Come on lads - big local derby next Saturday when Town take on Trafford.

But before then Wales v England at Colwyn Bay on Tuesday night!

"Best supporters in the league" indeed, Gary :wink:

We have similar problems as well to be honest, we had a terrific turnout from our singers yesterday (probably 30-40 of us), but only 3-4 of our yoof turned up when on occasions in the past there have been 20odd of them.

We will all be there on Saturday Gary, a lot of the lads worked this weekend to pay for the next few matches, and others yes were recovering from a heavy night out!

Trafford is a big one, and from last year i recall they do have a number of fans that travel away

Fair enough - but if you want to be called Ultras football comes before everything especially a hangover! :wink:

There were a few directors nursing sore heads on Saturday I can assure you after the Legends night! :oops:

We will all be there on Saturday Gary, a lot of the lads worked this weekend to pay for the next few matches, and others yes were recovering from a heavy night out!

Trafford is a big one, and from last year i recall they do have a number of fans that travel away

Fair enough - but if you want to be called Ultras football comes before everything especially a hangover! :wink:

There were a few directors nursing sore heads on Saturday I can assure you after the Legends night! :oops:[/quot

:( ha ha sore heads that's cheap me dave & derek wouldn't leave till after everyone had go and that would be around 02:00 and the next day be there for 12 AM so that's a sorry excuse :oops:

There were a few directors nursing sore heads on Saturday I can assure you after the Legends night! :oops:[/quot

]

I actually left at 2.30am and was the last person to leave representing the club - and Derek and Dave were both there.

I was also at the club for 1.30pm for the match so not quite sure what your point is? :?

]

I actually left at 2.30am and was the last person to leave representing the club - and Derek and Dave were both there.

I was also at the club for 1.30pm for the match so not quite sure what your point is? :?

saying you had sore heads :twisted:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Did we live up to our reputation last night Gary? I certainly hope the Halifax fans were quietly impressed by our support and we may have taught them a few things about atmosphere at games.

Its all well and good having numbers but not singing is a big disappointment from my point of view, was a good night though last night, if only we could have those numbers every game.

Did we live up to our reputation last night Gary? I certainly hope the Halifax fans were quietly impressed by our support and we may have taught them a few things about atmosphere at games.

Its all well and good having numbers but not singing is a big disappointment from my point of view, was a good night though last night, if only we could have those numbers every game.

The barmy army was very impressive - especially the pitch invasion at the end when the security guards jumped into action! :shock: