Local History - Stockton Heath

Cheshire Kat

I'm off to Warrington archives this week but specifically I'm after the history behind the pubs!!!! :lol: ...... Just fascinated by the history of pubs and inns generally. Have done a good bit of research of some pubs around cheshire in a haphazard kind of way but I now want to do it in the context of a village.....and there's no better place to start than Stockton Heath!!

I heard that the Romans used to call it "the Heath" and Knutsford road was part of the old Roman Road.....

Any help would be gratefully received

Cheshire Kat

• 3 years later...

I am not local to Stockton Heath, but have had cause to visit a few times over the past few months. I was surprised to see the Mill Pool being called The Open Air Swimming Pool, Stockton Heath. I have not seen the pool, but looked at it on Google Maps. If you want to see a picture of the changing rooms you can see it at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Open-Air-baths-Stockton-Heath-Lake-Warrington-postcard-/130965434467?pt=UK_Collectables_Postcards_MJ&hash=item1e7e25f063 There are a few other Stockton Heath postcards in 'other items'. I'm learning quite a bit about the area. 

I am not local to Stockton Heath, but have had cause to visit a few times over the past few months. I was surprised to see the Mill Pool being called The Open Air Swimming Pool, Stockton Heath. I have not seen the pool, but looked at it on Google Maps. If you want to see a picture of the changing rooms you can see it at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Open-Air-baths-Stockton-Heath-Lake-Warrington-postcard-/130965434467?pt=UK_Collectables_Postcards_MJ&hash=item1e7e25f063 There are a few other Stockton Heath postcards in 'other items'. I'm learning quite a bit about the area. 

Flora, I hope these pictures are of interest to you. Stockton Heath Lake formerly the Mill Pool .

Millpond_zpse55abf3f.jpg

StocktonHeathLake_zps5a44cbe6.jpg

StocktonHeathOpenAirBaths_zps5b01dd17.jp

StocktonHeathMillPoolCottages_zps387f8d2

StocktonHeathLakeOpenAirBaths_zps7514e22

StocktonHeathLake3_zps405b76d7.jpg

StocktonHeathLake2_zps86e70244.jpg

StocktonHeathLake1_zps88286692.jpg