Rafa Still Beneathus

asperity

I was at that game - think I was 20 - Didnt we beat Tottenham 1-0 with a Goal from Beardsley - right hand corner of the box at teh annie road end if I remember rightly.

Rafa is a good eropean manager - dont think he understands the principle that a settled side can bring in the league. Didnt we win it once with just using 17 players?

Think he'll be gone this summer whoever is in charge rightly or wrongly.

However the yanks worry me with their idea of a replacement. With that Klinsman will probably win the Bundasliga next year.... :(:(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't and just because I wasn't very old when we last won the league doesn't matter one bit. I to had a season ticket up until very recently. No settling for fourth place isn't acceptable, of course not. But striking the balance between domestic success and European dominance is very difficult. United, Arsenal and Chelsea have not had the later stage of European Cup competition to deal with in recent years and have been out classed on the European stage on more than one occasion, which definitely aids them in the league. Domestically they have the winning formula no doubt when they don't have an eye on doing well in Europe. I just can't see how changing the manager now and having to give someone new time to work with his own squad will help? And if not Mourinho then who? :confused: Benitez can bring the league back I?m sure

Wolfie.

Clarication please which is the wannabe scouser and which is the plactic one.

James how can you say Chelsea haven't had the latter stages of the Champs league to contend with didn't we beat them in the semis when we won it?.

As adrian has said Rafa has not set up his team for the league we lose possession to easily and never go out to kill a team off at the earliest opportunity, until he gets that in his mind set we will not win the prem.

John

[ 23.01.2008, 16:51: Message edited by: JayC ]

Which is more important? Winning the Premier or Europe?

I would have thought that most would prefer to win the Premier, as the European cup can be more of a lottery, even though it would be nice to win it.

Forget the Eu cup, how long has Rafa been there and has he improved the team that much? :confused:

Asp.

Sorry all calm now , curly perm and nylon shell suit have been stored in mothballs until required again.

John.

P.S. Good job you sold that car I would have had them wheels (see you can take the boy out of Liverpool , but you can't take Liverpool out of the boy).

Originally posted by James P:

But striking the balance between domestic success and European dominance is very difficult. United, Arsenal and Chelsea have not had the later stage of European Cup competition to deal with in recent years and have been out classed on the European stage on more than one occasion, which definitely aids them in the league.

Over recent years one could say that by the time the knockout stages of the Champions league are upon us Poo have had nothing else to go for. wherehas the big 3 are still in there fighting for the big one. :wink:

JayC: I wasn't aware a real scouser ever put his shell suit away :wink:

Originally posted by James P:

And here is the classic example of the fickle football fan. How anyone can question the man's abilities is beyond me. You do not win the Spanish league with a team two years running that is in the shadow of Real Madrid and Barcelona and not have something about you. And anyone that can win the champions league with Traore, Dudek, Cisse, Kewell and Baros in the squad deserves a medal alone. The league form isn't acceptable and I'm not trying to pretend it is, but I think he has had a real scare with the latest Klinsman offer incident and I think if he is still in the job next season, he will change the priorities from Europe to the league. Rafa is still the best man for the job and is only a couple of players from completing the jigsaw. As for the "Special One" an egotist like that will never be welcome at Anfield and doesn't exactly have a great track record with foreign owners :roll: Liverpool fans should know better and show some faith in the man that has brought us the kind of success the club had in years gone by.

I CAN question his abilities now because he has taken the team backwards in the League and on their current position they will not even qualify for the champions league.

Do you agree with his team selections like picking one forward for a home game, persisting with Kewell who is not much better than a lame duck and keeping Crouch off the pitch for most games when he was our leading scorer last season and always creates a threat and even a goal when he comes on.

How exactly has he taken us backwards? The state the club and the team was left in when Houlier left was unbelieveable. Time is key in management, even those of the caliber of Ferguson take time to stamp their own authority on a side. I think he's doing to Kewell what he did with Zenden, putting him in the shop window if you like. I have to say I do think Crouch deserves more starts and you can't argue he is a threat. Babbel is an exciting proposition and will be a main stay in the team next year.

• 2 weeks later...