Rafa Still Beneathus

asperity

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by James P:

Enjoy it while you can. All the disruption with owners will come to head on Feb 18 and lots of changes will happen, including back room some good back room staff additions. :wink:

Who's that? Keegan?

Jayc. they are allegedly professional footballers. It doesn't affect them. Rafa Beneathus is still the manager, they still get paid. Perhaps they are just not up to the rigours of English Football.

Peter.

There is nothing alleged about it they are professional footballers as their weekly wage slips will testify.

Of course it must affect them , some of them (the Spanish contingent)may well be thinking if Rafa goes so do we, the others may well be thinking that if Hicks and Co can talk about replacing the man at hub then maybe they are talking about selling off keys players too.

So you and I do not know how it is affecting them do we , so why speculate.

John

If they cannot affect the outcome, they should get on and start winning games.

If they started doing what they are paid to do, perhaps all this "media" speculation might go away.

Whether they have a new manager or new owners, they should be professional and get out there and do the job.

The alternative would be that the owners don't think the manager is any good, and then changes WILL take place. It is a business, not a game.

They are quite happy to take the money, it's time they delivered.

They only have 3 players making the effort and one of those is a goalie.

If they worked in Industry, they would have to carry on working regardless of what happens behind the scenes. Why should football be different?

Men or mice? :roll:

Peter.

Have you worked in industry when there are possibilites of a take over , the mood is dreadful workers do not know how the outcome will affect them which does affect their ability to do a good job, the same could be happening here.

Asp.

It's not moaning at all I enjoy football I don't live and breath it nor do I let my heart rule my head what I am saying about Liverpool could be said about any football team going through the same scenario.

I some times wish I could be as vindictive towards other teams so I could join in the bating but I guess I am one of those rare breeds who enjoy the game and the skills of those involved no matter who they play for, and lets be honest you being an Everton supporter given the chance would love to see the likes of Gerrard , Carragher , Agger, Alonso etc in your team. And Peter the same could be said about MU.

John

[ 23.01.2008, 07:56: Message edited by: JayC ]

Wolfie.

The Everton supporters would'nt want Rooney back but the club most certainly would. As for the rest of the MU squad there are a few I would have at Liverpool.

Ronaldo

Hargreaves

Rooney

Vidic

Anderrson

And if the rumours are true we should be getting Gabby Heinze in the summer part of a swap deal with Alonso.

John

Originally posted by JayC:

Asp

Not a lot we can say right now is there, the club is in turmoil right now and until it sorts the mess out off the field , the mess on the field will not get any better.

John

While it aggrieves me to have to say it - Liverpool need to take a leaf out of Man Utd's book.

United were in turmoil when the Yanks took over but the manager and the players knuckled down and got on with their job and won the title.

[ 23.01.2008, 14:53: Message edited by: Gary ]

I think Rafa knows the score with the new owners and he decided to rub them up the wrong way.

The tail shouldn't wag the dog.

He should do his talking on the pitch with the players he has bought and been given millions to buy over the past three years.

His inability to produce a team capable of challenging for the title and being a pig headed stubborn idiot has created most of the problems at the club.

I personally think I could pick the team and make the substitutions better than he can - sadly I will never get that honour.

I will not lose any sleep if he goes before the club crumbles around his ears.

Bring in the special one before it is too late! :o (I can't believe I have just typed that!)

[ 23.01.2008, 14:32: Message edited by: Gary ]

Gary.

Yeah I must admit , hes not the best his team selections lately have been strange, I doubt very much that he will be here next season and unless the owners (who ever that will be) will have to move now to bring in Jose or any other world class manager.

John

And here is the classic example of the fickle football fan. How anyone can question the man's abilities is beyond me. You do not win the Spanish league with a team two years running that is in the shadow of Real Madrid and Barcelona and not have something about you. And anyone that can win the champions league with Traore, Dudek, Cisse, Kewell and Baros in the squad deserves a medal alone. The league form isn't acceptable and I'm not trying to pretend it is, but I think he has had a real scare with the latest Klinsman offer incident and I think if he is still in the job next season, he will change the priorities from Europe to the league. Rafa is still the best man for the job and is only a couple of players from completing the jigsaw. As for the "Special One" an egotist like that will never be welcome at Anfield and doesn't exactly have a great track record with foreign owners :roll: Liverpool fans should know better and show some faith in the man that has brought us the kind of success the club had in years gone by.

James.

Rafa was second choice for the job we went after Jose Mourinho first who turned us down for the Chelsea millions so would it be all bad to get him now.

I have followed Liverpool FC since I could walk and have had a season ticket longer than you have had years, Rafa is not the best man to get us the trophy we crave most, how old were you James when we last won the league? and do you think settling for 4th place year on year is a good thing?.

John

[ 23.01.2008, 15:58: Message edited by: JayC ]