President of Europe?

observer

Well, as Bliar's star seems to be fading and we all breath a sigh of relief; another hat gets thrown into the ring, with boy Milliband being banded about - as the Machevellian elite meet in Brussels, whispering in corners and smoke filled rooms (oops, forgot no smoke anymore!); not one mention of the inclusion of the European electorate in this process, which seems to be based on the Vatican model. :shock:

If Europe was fully democratic in your eyes you would still be against it. as you fear being a minority view. Both of you when you take a hard look are not very democratic. You both fear loss of power :wink:

So you admit that the EUSSR is undemocratic. We have already lost the only power we had - the power to elect a government accountable to the people. The people in power now are the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. I'm not scared of being in the minority so long as the minority view is taken into account. As it is the majority view is being ignored!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Errm, hang on a minute Kyje: WE (the people) have never had a vote as to whether we want to become a member of the European UNION. The last and only referendum we had, when Ted Heath sold us this pup, it was described as an Economic association of self governing sovereign nations - with each Treaty since - we have been sucked into the concept of a European State WITHOUT any referendums. In other words, we've been deprived of our National Soveriegnty by the stealthy manoevring and deceit of the political class - now you tell me that's "democratic". As for being "a minority"; each time they did have referendums on the Lisbon Treaty - other countries knocked them back - but such public opinion was ignored - now tell me that's "democratic". :twisted:

As i recall Britain was taken into what was then the Common Market (EEC) purely as a trading partnership that would ,we were led to believe, eventually benefit all member countries .The electorate was allowed a belated referendum with the choice being to stay in or leave the EEC but since we had already turned our backs on the Commonwealth, which had supplied all our needs for decades,there was little to be gained from leaving the EEC.

The change of remit from trading alliance to would be European super power in 40 years is staggering,but the continuing demise of the UK as a result of membership of this leviathon must constitute one of the biggest cases of miss-selling & misrepresentation in history & must call into question the integrity & suitability for office of all the politicians involved in this journey.

PS don't let me get started about the French!!