Trafalgar Day

asperity

Errrrm, "the sky" isn't blue. What you observe is a splitting of white light as it passes through the atmosphere and the blue light rays are the ones that get to your eyes. It's a bit more complicated than that, based on the fact that different colours of light have different wavelengths, but basically, you get the idea. "The sky" isn't a defined thing either, it's a general term for upness. You'd never bump into "the sky", just keep going on out through the layers until you get into space - as rockets do.

Snow is colourless, cos it's made of water (odd impurities aside) and only looks white because it reflects light so well.

And grasses can be a variety of colours - just pop to the garden centre - blue, yellow, brown, stripy.....

Wanna go again? I'm sure if we try, we can find something for you to get right. Water is definitely wet..... :lol:

sticks tin helmet on and cautiously raises head above the edge of the trench.

if you define the sky as the atmosphere then you can bump into it on the way back from space. get the angle of re-entry wrong and you would skip off the atmosphere like a cannonball skipping across the water to strike the side of a ship which was one of the tactics used at Trafalgar (just to keep slightly on topic)

as for water being wet how much water do you have to encounter before you become wet and also how much water do you have to encounter before wet becomes meaningless. if you have just climbed out of the sea after being knocked from your ship/boat/vessel/floating gun platform by a canon ball and then it starts to rain do you get wetter or not?(again just to give a tenuous link to the topic)

as for the colouration of grass i would not know having never smoked the stuff :oops: oh you mean the stuff that grows on the lawn and such not the other kind, at least i think you do :wink::lol::lol::lol:

No tin hat needed Sid - you've never made remarks about my nderwear, so I'm not gonna shoot at you - and Obs is a p*ss poor shot anyway!!

You can indeed skid off the atmosphere on the way in, but in the sense Obs meant "the sky is blue", not only is it not blue, it's not there.... He was just provoking me and I was just in the mood for some sport! :D

As for your other question on comparative wetness, I think we should drop Obs in the sea, then wait until it rains and ask him...... not that I care what the answer would be, just that it would be fun to drop Obs in the sea! :twisted::lol: