Vaclav Klaus

Eagle

Presumably that's every scientist in his country - after he shot all the ones that said otherwise? :lol:

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning on this LP. He is concerned for his country because there is every reason to believe that Germans will, after the Constitution - whoops sorry - Treaty is ratified by all 27 members, claim back property in the Sudetenland (here we go again, deja vue!) that they lost at the end of WW2. Where is your evidence that he has shot anybody? In the same place as your evidence of catastrophic global warming I should imagine :shock::shock::shock: The arguement hasn't started, the science is not settled. :roll::roll:

Presumably that's every scientist in his country - after he shot all the ones that said otherwise? :lol:

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning on this LP. He is concerned for his country because there is every reason to believe that Germans will, after the Constitution - whoops sorry - Treaty is ratified by all 27 members, claim back property in the Sudetenland (here we go again, deja vue!) that they lost at the end of WW2. Where is your evidence that he has shot anybody? In the same place as your evidence of catastrophic global warming I should imagine :shock::shock::shock: The arguement hasn't started, the science is not settled. :roll::roll:

OK, Asp, dictionary open at J for joke...... but seriously, global warming is an observable fact - temperatures are rising. The debate is whether humans are responsible or not and therefore whether we can slow/stop/reverse it or not. I don't care what the answer is - if we are responsible and can reverse it, we should. If we are not and all our efforts are a waste of time, then there is still merit and sense in respecting the planet's resources and trying to avoid waste and mess. Like the Meerkat says "Simples".

If he's worried about invasions, then let him say so. I doubt the Germans are going to shout "It's gone up another degree so we own another hundred square miles" so the global warming thing's a bit of a red herring there. Since Hitler went, they've not so much as tried to inch the border fence out a bit.... was it your Granny's Pie Shop they bombed? 50 years is a long time to hold a grudge! :twisted:

OK, Asp, dictionary open at J for joke...... but seriously, global warming is an observable fact - temperatures are rising. The debate is whether humans are responsible or not and therefore whether we can slow/stop/reverse it or not. I don't care what the answer is - if we are responsible and can reverse it, we should. If we are not and all our efforts are a waste of time, then there is still merit and sense in respecting the planet's resources and trying to avoid waste and mess. Like the Meerkat says "Simples".

If he's worried about invasions, then let him say so. I doubt the Germans are going to shout "It's gone up another degree so we own another hundred square miles" so the global warming thing's a bit of a red herring there. Since Hitler went, they've not so much as tried to inch the border fence out a bit.... was it your Granny's Pie Shop they bombed? 50 years is a long time to hold a grudge! :twisted:

Seriously global COOLING is an observable fact, temperatures are going DOWN actually. It has been proved that man cannot change the climate to any measurable extent. Okay I take your point that cleaning up our act is a good aim, but not to the extent of destroying our way of life.

As for Germany, I don't hold any grudges, why would I? The war was over years before I was even born and I have a German brother in law. I have no prejudices against any nationality. However it is a fact that at the end of WW2 many ethnic Germans lost their property in the Sudetenland when they were forced out by the, understandably rather miffed Czechs. It's possible that some Germans who lost their property in this way might claim it back. What the Czech president is after is an undertaking in the Lisbon Treaty that such claims would not be allowed. The Danes had a clause inserted in the Maastricht treaty preventing Germans taking over coastal properties in Denmark so it's not unprecedented. 8)8)8)8)

And by the way WW2 ended in 1945 not 1959 (64 not 50 years ago :wink: )

Unfortunately the AGW religion that all our leaders seem to be following is going to cost us all a lot of money whether or not the president of the Czech republic subscribes to it. Global warming isn't happening as you would realise if you looked outside your bubble occasionally. As for German claims on property in the Sudetenland, be assured that this is a worry for the Czech people who are living there whatever you might believe. By the way you seem to have fallen in love with the word bullsh*t recently. Have you read a book? :roll::roll::roll:

The truth is in the semantics. I quote you from the LP Dictionary of Reality:

"Democracy,

Derivation: Term originating from "demo" meaning a pointless, dishonest little public show of the nonexistent benefits of yet another unecessary item plus "cracy" a derivative of "crazy".

Meaning: Rule by a bunch of mental incompetents whose policies are the large-scale equivalent of the latest JML wonderproduct, promoted endlessly but actually bought only by the incredibly gullible."

See, now it's all clear..... :twisted: