Car Dealership questionnaire

Geoffrey Settle

Last week was really a bad week. :oops:

You may remember I asked you about choosing car for a lady. Well she took your advice and purchased it. She had a horrendous time and it made my blood boil to say the least, loads of bad bad service.

Anyway with the Salesperson demoted, figures calculated correctly, deflected the special GAP insurance (this is an insurance you pay for via the dealer which guarantees that if you have an accident then you are insure for the FULL price that you paid - they claim that most insurances discount the value of the car as soon as it leaves the showroom!!!! :oops: )...and there's more..but I'm fed up so I'll stop now.

Anyway when the deal was done and the keys handed over the salesmen let her know that she would be receiving a phone call about her customer experience. He then went on to say that the first question would be about the salesperson. She would be able to choose between 1. Excellent Service, 2. Very Satisfactory, 3. Satisfactory, 4. Unsatisfactory and 5. Poor. You will of course be saying Excellent Service won't you?

What is the point of having a survey if you are going to tell the respondent what to say? I think that this practice is unethical and not worth carrying out if as an organisation you want to learn and improve.

I'm sure most people would not simply answer 'excellent' just because a salesperson told them too say it :wink: In this instance it seems irrelevant anyway as the survey will be conducted by a phone call after the event has taken place :wink:

Bit harder and maybe a little embarrasing if the person is stood in front of you at the time and ticking the boxes in your presence though :?

What car did you get then Geoff? GeeWhizz, Prius..... :lol:

It wasn't for me, I haven't got a car. The lady went for the one that was recommended in the survey by members of this discussion forum. 8)

So which one was it Geoff, I might then comment further regarding customer service...or lack of, from a local dealership.

A Golf is a fine car, unfortunately not all VW dealerships are. Indeed Mrs K walked out of the local one a year ago in disgust at the lack of service when she was looking for a new car. The dealer manager rang to apologise, offered a special deal and implied that despite the poor sales service, business was booming.

Must admit that much as I like cars, I find buying them a depressing experience, and as such now can't be bothered to change my Audi which is coming up to three years old.

It certainly is, hefty depreciation so an excellent secondhand buy. Shares many components with the Bentley Continental I understand.

Indeed it does... built in the same factory apparently. Now if there was a diesel Bentley available............... :lol:

One can but live in hope Baz. I've used a petrol one a few times, on local journeys got about 15mpg, 25mpg or so on the motorway, no use now I've got used to 40-50mpg. Nipped down to Bristol the other weekend, car fully laden, 70mph got 50mpg+, cost about ?38 for the round trip.

Quite like the new Porsche Panamara, alas no diesel, yet Porsche do have one in their range.