It's going to be a rough WINDY Night

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You?re obviously not a skier, a runner or lover of the winter. Mind you this is but one of four seasons and they have lots of respective sporty things to do outdoors. Just imagine the ones that could have been done when I started this thread. Wind surfing, kite flying, and gliding etc.

Speaking did anyone hear or see the guy in one of those motorised hand gliders that flew over Cinnamon Brow today, some time in the afternoon?

Never mind him, if he was our talisman of normality and he has an endless supply of put down lines and insults.

Anway getting back to the thread which was about the wind bringing in weather changes for autumn. It's been coming down like stair rods today or cats and dogs. :D Chester road was overfilling probably due to drains being unable to channel the water away from the roads.

catsanddogs.jpg

Worryingly, I think I am learning to appreciate the entertainment value of someone posting details of the local weather online for me to save me the effort of looking out of the window myself....

I don't know what's normal - never been there myself - so you stay odd, Geoff and I'll adjust!

In the interests of joining in the spirit of this thread, even if its purpose bewilders me, I'll add that at 1.40pm today, the rain stopped over Lymm and we had several moments of sunshine before the rain began again and we got a rainbow.

8)

LymmParent I think you've got it, its simply a silly post about weather, nothing more nothing less. How British is that :?: enjoy :D

I was just about to take our dog out at around 6pm but it's chucked it down ever since and I don't want to spend a lot of time drying her, so we're playing a waiting game.

How dare you.... not to worry, she's happy now lying on her towel waiting at the door for her mistress to get back from work.

We were only waiting for a gap in the clouds and we even managed a short jog through the park. :D

I was only teasing you Geoff which is why a put a :wink: after the :evil: ........... :lol:

My four legged friend flatly refused to go through the door today. There I was with my coat and boots on and she dug her claws into the door mat, balanced her weight at an appropriate angle AND COULDN'T BE MOVED :lol::lol:

Her facial expression clearly said 'are you mad woman what do you think I am a bloody fish' :lol::lol:

Great we have a concensus :D I know your only kidding Dissy and LymmParent. Poor Lucy did put up a great deal of fight not to go out last night. Not only was it wet but it was dark and she's terrified of her own shaddow. But she needs her constitutional and the vet said that she's been pampered too much so she needs to exercise twice a day at least.

It was a bit spooky for her

'beneath the shaddows of a street lamp, she turned her collar to the cold and damp and a vison of a doggy smell echoed through her mind to the sound of Silence'
- well ok there was the odd bark from her chums who were also out walking - now where have I heard that song before?

She found some lovely doggy smells did this pre-madonna Cocker Spaniel and she happily sniffed her way through the local park. :)

Here she is in the daylight 10422_1261300293659_1264246400_30788669_1529202_n.jpg on a warmer day :D with not a care in the world. :wink:

Did someone not see the wet paint sign on that park bench? :lol::lol::lol:

Bill :)

Good spot Bill

The bench looked like this in August and the graffitti was removed for me by the WBC street scene. Maybe whilst the bench was drying somebody decided to sit for a while in Peel Hall Park?

10422_1263262382710_1264246400_30794027_6828023_a.jpg

and the dog bins looked like this 10422_1263262422711_1264246400_30794028_1615145_a.jpg and they have been cleaned.

The Friends of Peel Hall Park are trying to improve the Park, the horse trail has at long last received a great make over thanks to your name sake. So hopefully with the leaves on the trees changing wonderful colours we have a week or so to enjoy the park before the winds return.

I think we should have a Geoff section and celebrate this lovely man as one of the last remaining examples of the fine old British tradition of eccentricity. It's a shame we no longer have an Empire, because he is precisely the sort of chap who would have been perfect for making sure our outposts ran along truly British lines. There'd have been orderly dog poo bins in Delhi on Geoff's watch, and we'd all know exactly what was generating the CO2 in Singapore! Carry on Geoff!! :lol: