crowds or lack of them ???

Latchford Locks

I've never trusted statistics regarding RL...These stats suggest that James Graham is the world's best prop forward which my own eyes tell me is a load of old twaddle. I've never seen him make a break or make much impression on the advantage line. What the stats do prove however is that he spends more time on the pitch tham most prop forwards which is reflected in his apparent magnificent statistics. Would I swap Morley or Carvell for him ? Not a chance. Graham is an old style number ten, plenty of graft but little finesse. Plus he's a miserable bugger who's likely to spread gloom and despondency in the camp. I've never seen a so called top player seemingly to enjoy the game less than he does.

Would I swap Morley or Carvell for him ? Not a chance. Graham is an old style number ten, plenty of graft but little finesse. Plus he's a miserable bugger who's likely to spread gloom and despondency in the camp. I've never seen a so called top player seemingly to enjoy the game less than he does.

Hear Hear..spot on Safe's :)

I've never trusted statistics regarding RL

The Stats are certainly a reflection of a players effort during the course of a whole season, and the fact that Leeds and Saints played in the Grand Final emphasises the fact that the majority of the top ten in each catagory are players from these two clubs.

St Helens figured prominently in the heady world of statistics and what did they win ? Zilch...zero...nothing while the team who won 50% of what was on offer, namely the Challenge Cup had a terrible seaon according to the nerdy world of the statititioners. I can think of one player in particular who would be way down the league of statistics and would be considered to be a complete duffer using that particular yardstick. Who ? The clue lies at the bottom of this post. 796 is the only statistic which really matters for this player.