Sham Marriages?

observer

How do you lift a wooden spoon that size all on your own?!

Not to bore you with trivia or facts or anything, but if the only people getting married are foreigners in limited visas, how do you account for the fact that any decent wedding venue is booked solid on Saturdays and Sundays for the next two years? Some of the really nice ones are booking three and four years ahead.... and taking deposits. Now there's a good racket! :lol:

Oh blimey, no - there are dozens just in Cheshire. Weddings are HUGE business. Pretty well any hotel or hall with decent grounds is in demand. My sister wanted to get married within the year and we must have tried thirty venues within an hour's drive of here for the reception and it was just ridiculous unless you wanted to get married on a Tuesday! Mad stuff.

There may be dozens in Cheshire like you say LP but the problem that you find is that there are only 52 Saturdays in a year.

Many couples who opt for the more usual sort of wedding will chose a location that can cater for both reception, evening 'doo' and maybe even hotel rooms for the drunken guests. As such that takes us the whole day and location and as such no one else can book it for that day (although they do pay highly for such privilages :wink: )

Other alternative of course is a church/registry office service, meal in a restaurant/pub mid afternoon at quiet time and a privately hired room somewhere else at night for a bit of a disco then taxis home :? Not so romantic or impressive though :wink:

Or better still just don't bother and save your money and of course you wont have to worry about future divorce settlements :lol::shock::lol:

According to reports this month the number of Australians getting married hit a 20-year high last year. In contrast the number of Britains tying the knot was at its lowest since marriage statistics were first compiled in 1862. It puts the marriage rate in Oz 19 % higher than in the UK.

Seems they get 'financial inducements' though but we do over here don't we ??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/6123229/Australians-20-per-cent-more-likely-to-get-married-than-Britons.html

only financial inducement i had was that Mrs sid was an only child so when her parents finally shuffle off their mortal coil it is all hers. :twisted:

not that i hope it happens anytime soon though as i am quite fond of her father. sadly her mother passed about three years ago.

on a brighter note maybe if there was a decent inducement there may not be so many single parents. there would have to be conditions though like having to stay married AND together for at least ten years to qualify other wise Trisha and co would be even more inundated.

no i do not watch it but Mrs sid does. i just sit upstairs and listen to the shouting. was one on today and the language was that bad i thought my smoke alarm had gone off until i realised they were bleeping out the swear words :shock::?:lol::lol::twisted:

I know what you mean.. the TV seem to be obsessed with breakups or "who's the father of my child" stories. OK I admit it, I have watched a few :oops: and it amazes me when a mother breaks down in tears when she hears that 10th+ 'possible' father to her child turns out to be NOT THE DAD either. :shock::evil::evil::roll: There's a name for women like that and I'm sure the moderators would delete it if I put it. It's a shame for the kids though.

Anyway back to financial inducements for getting married and having kids. Thought if you were married your tax changed over here and also you got a one off 'x' amount payment for every new born baby etc now (in addition to the normal family allowance that every parent gets). Saying that I guess that's regardless of you being married or not :?

Probably just me getting confused though cos it's over 15 years since we had our little bundle of joy :D and it may be 50 years before I consider marriage... :D:lol:

Slappers?! :? Not to worry, The Tories are going to get a grip on the situation - arn't they?! :shock: No child allowance, without the production of marriage certificate - that might save a few bob and cut teenage pregnancies. :wink: Scrap single person rate reductions - except to the wrinklies - that might end a few matriachial scams. etc :wink:

all very well but i know of a case where somebody has adopted three children that are their grandchildren. they are currently trying to sort out the child allowance as the parent is still claiming it, despite the children being adopted some time back they are still down on the lists as being with the parent.

as a side point what is the minimum wait for an uncontested divorce these days :wink:

Think Kyje has borrowed those rose tinted glasses that Geoff used to have! So the whole of the media, including the BBC, have a conspiracy to inflate the immigration problem eh, Kyje? Get real, get out and about and open your eyes - the UK is now a global joke - a soft touch for any and every economic migrant from Afghanistan to Ghana - FACT. :twisted: