Warrington Wolves Champions !!!!!!!!!

indy

Of course Wire aren't champions but if I had to choose between winning the Challenge Cup at Wembley and having a weekend in London or an afternoon in sunny Manchester winning the play-offs I know which one I would choose. No contest for my money. If I had to be honest before Saturday I wouldn't have backed a Wire win, but sitting in the end where Huddersfield were warming up I could see how stereotyped their play was and in that few minutes I changed my mind completely. As long as you shore up the middle, which the Wire pack did superbly, led by Michael Monaghan running the defensive show they could be quite easily be beaten.Well done Wire, all 17 of you. Now, where's that application to get my season ticket back....the nightmare is finally over.

That doesn't say much for the average awareness around the club............but, if the question was, "What does it feel like to be Champions?" :lol:

cham?pi?on (chmp-n)

n.

1. One that wins first place or first prize in a competition.

2. One that is clearly superior or has the attributes of a winner: a champion at teaching.

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the homeless.

4. One who fights; a warrior.

tr.v. cham?pi?oned, cham?pi?on?ing, cham?pi?ons

1. To fight for, defend, or support as a champion: championed the cause of civil rights. See Synonyms at support.

2. Obsolete To defy or challenge.

adj.

1. Holding first place or prize:

2. Superior to all others:

Can we now put an end to the bickering and all concentrate on the fact Warrington performed like true Champions and lifted the Challenge Cup, which they will now defend!

:roll:

They've never been called *The Wires*, it's always been The Wire* Nobody I know calls them *The Wolves* Look at all the banners, it's STILL *The Wire* despite all attempts at rebranding and marketing ploys. The powers that be have to admit defeat and revert back to *The Wire*...I've even thought of a corporate logo...a picture in profile of the HJ stadium surrounded by a bouquet of barbed wire.

COME ON YOU WIRE !!

So if by winning one game they have brought pride, glory and honour to the town..... by the same logic, for the past 35 years of winning bugger all, they have brought nothing but shame and disgrace?

You as a rugby fan might think that this is the most brilliant day in the history of Warrington; us non rugby fans just saw it as an inconvenience and traffic disruption!! :lol:

Bejaysus !! I've just re-read the posts on here and I thought that I was the only grumpy old man. Some on here can bitch and moan to Olympian standards...Give all concerned a break and congratulate the club and players for bringing back a bit of glory to the town.

Some people are never happy Safeway

What other event could bring thousands and thousands of joyful Warringtonians on to the streets in the pouring rain?. If you don't like the club in particular or the game in general the answer is simple, don't watch it on TV or read about it in newspapers...It isn't compulsory as far as I'm aware. You'd better get used to the celebrations in the coming few years...The nightmare years are behind the club with the correct quality of coach in place. Wire are on the verge of the achievement that a lot of us have sought for decades.

COME ON YOU WIRE !!

Bejaysus !! I've just re-read the posts on here and I thought that I was the only grumpy old man. Some on here can bitch and moan to Olympian standards...Give all concerned a break and congratulate the club and players for bringing back a bit of glory to the town.

No, let's get it right. You are a former grumpy old man, now :wink::)

They've never been called *The Wires*, it's always been The Wire* Nobody I know calls them *The Wolves* Look at all the banners, it's STILL *The Wire* despite all attempts at rebranding and marketing ploys. The powers that be have to admit defeat and revert back to *The Wire*...I've even thought of a corporate logo...a picture in profile of the HJ stadium surrounded by a bouquet of barbed wire.

COME ON YOU WIRE !!

Well I'm confused now as everyone I know calls them the WOLVES or WARRINGTON WOLVES but we're probably not as old as you.

I just checked our 'hand' which we've had for some years now and it also clearly says... 'WOLF it up' and 'Warrington Rugby League WOLVES' with a picture of a wolf's (or is that wolve's) head under it. Also our little mascot is a wolf and called Woolfie :?

Come on you lot..... stop bickering and sounding like kids in a playground and just enjoy and be proud of the fact that THEY WON :D:D

I doubt there were 10,000 people in that photo to be honest, and if there were, why can't that many go and see them play every week?

Around the streets from Halliwell to the Town Hall was packed.

I would estimate anywhere over 20k... but hey i was a little intoxicated. I heard there was over 30k of wire fans at wembley so it wouldnt suprise me if a lot went there homecoming as well as those who were not able to go to Wembley

Quite a few fans, like myself and the she-devil, were on coach packages and were too late to welcome the team back. Instead of coming straight back Sunday morning we were faffing around Hyde Park and Oxford street. If you add these people then there would have been quite a few more on the streets. How anybody could begrudge the town it's afternoon of glory is beyond me. Talk about old curmudgeons !! Instead of making THOUSANDS of posts on here perhaps they could benefit from a walk in the sunshine...A good dose of vitamin D might do them the world of good.