Will you be watching and who will you be supporting?

Gary

Just out of interest how many posters will be watching the Champions League tonight and who will you be supporting?

Seems like the Italians will need all the support they can muster due to an airport strike! :blitzed:

Unlike your myopic self, Gary. I don't have a problem supporting a local team.

I will be watching and hope that Liverpool do it again.

Let's face it, they need to win something this season, so that they can keep on bragging for another 12 months, without having to look back in history for something to crow about.

Their season hasn't been too strenuous, so maybe they can raise their game as the opposition are good and gave Man.U the run-around. :o

I know a few Man U fans who say they want Liverpool to win - but I don't believe them! :o

I don't actually have any problem with any none Liverpool fan wanting the Italians to win, especially United fans, as Milan made Rooney, Ronaldo and co look like a conference team when it mattered - and they are 30 points plus off the pace in their own league - mind you I think they had points deducted for cheating! :o

Yes! up since 4.30am.

Now half time ( :( ) - dominated 1st half, should've been at least 1 Liverpool goal - had a bad feeling about that free kick right on the half.

Good attacking bench - reckon Harry'll be on soon......and what about Pennant? - great half.

Fingers crossed!

Absolutely gutted.

I've had to come upstairs cos I can't bear to see someone else pick up that trophy. But Liverpool were poor. There were poor substitution decisions - Mascherano should not have been taken off. And we should have played with 2 strikers - Kuyt consistently played out of position.

We were relying on Gerrard - as a Liverpool fan through and through it hurts to say it but we got what we deserved.

I'm going to go and cry now. :(:(:(:(

It hurts to say, but well got what we deserved.

A couple of players had an off day, their first goal was lucky but the second was class.

Should be an interesting summer, I wonder how Rafa will strengthen for the Premiership. :(

[ 23.05.2007, 23:04: Message edited by: Matty ]

Can someone explain the difference between the way Milan played in the final and against Man.U.

The poo threw it away, with the way they kept giving the ball away, and the fact that the players didn't seem to know what to expect of their team mates. :confused:

Disappointed and won't be making a return visit to the bookies.

Rafa got it wrong and should have taken corrective action early in the first half, Pennant's success down the right was crying out for Crouch in the middle. Gerrard is a top midfielder he is not a second striker.

I thought the referee's lenient attitude helped the flow, he chose to ignore things but got the main decisions correct.

I await posts from the usual suspects with interest; it is almost Thursday and nothing yet :thumbsdown: .

My comment was in response to your comment about tonight's match being boring. I thought the first half was good - it kept everyone on the edge of their seats and the second half still saw plenty of action. Not quite as boring as some Liverpool games have been in the past and definitely nowhere near as mind numbing as last weekend's final!

Originally posted by Eagle:

I await posts from the usual suspects with interest; it is almost Thursday and nothing yet :)

Now lets hope they can make the Premiership race more interesting next year with some big summer signings while at the same time putting some of the donkeys out to grass. :o

Right scroe wrong way round.

Should have brought off Alonso (too many bad tackles and wayward passes) instead of Mascherano (who played a blinder against Kaka) and much earlier. Zeden had no pace at all and pace on the wings clealry hurt them . Should have risked gonzalez.

We had the possession but did nothing with it. Milano were lucky with the 1st goal despite what inzaghi is saying but he 2nd was class and we left midfield open by chasing it.

No shame to lose to that team but a small step up woudl and shoudl have won it.

A lot of people keep referring to the FA cup final last weekend both games were in the main boring but the synificant difference being none of the Liverpool supporters left before the end of play unlike their neighbours who deserted Wembley before the final whistle.

So while I wish I could remonstrate with Rafa over his tactics I congratulate the team for the way in which they handled the defeat and more so the true fans for staying and supporting to the bitter end and beyond.

John

Adrian.

We where unlucky with the first goal but lets be honest we would have claimed it and if the wall had done its job Inzahgi would never have gotten near the ball in the first place.

But as you say the 2nd game from a great passage of play from Milan caused in my opinion by the wrong substitution.

John