Is it illegal to be in a hurry?

asperity

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Harry, you may discover that her image didn't quite reflect reality - EG; When she argued and got the rebate from the EU; what wasn't exposed was the fact that she sold out our national fishing rights as part of the deal. :shock: Her war on over-manning created a subsequent culture of unemployment (paid for by N/Sea oil revenues), a culture which later brought in incapicity - meanwhile our public services decayed through "generic working" in Hospitals for example, giving rise to Hospital bugs etc; while our National industrial base dissapeared in favour of cheap foreign imports; leaving just the service and finance sector - and we now know what happened to that! :cry:

Proves my point then that she will go down in history as a great leader - as per all the great leaders quoted.

Just a question of interpretation. History takes a dispassionate view of people and events - methinks I will be proved right.

Observer makes some good points, but I'm reading about Churchill in the Daily Mail - not exactly a man who always got things right, but........

Happy days

Churchill is an icon, remembered solely for his leadership during WW2; prior to that, he'd had similar infamous encounters with the working class as Maggie, and was remembered and rewarded by defeat at the first post-war election. :? History depends on who writes it and who propagates it - and is often hair brushed! :shock:

Churchill was "the greatest ever British prime minister" according to the Mail serial yesterday.(as Observer says, depends on how you look at it)

If I remember rightly there was a great deal of sympathy for Churchill in his defeat. It was not a vote against him, but a vote for a brand new world after the war as promised by labour - NHS and the like. Poverty would be eliminated,etc.

All politicians make mistakes . Should Gordon Brown decide to scrap wind farms and go nuclear (as an example), he would emerge as being of great wisdom or a wash-out depending on the result. (he certainly thinks it is illegal to be in a hurry)

Happy days

Harry

The Mail newspaper if you can call it a newspaper is known as a campaigning right wing paper you are hardly going to get an unbiassed veiw from them. :!:

Try the Times or the Telegraph if you want a paper with a Tory slant, or the Guardian or Independent with out the Tory slant, all 4 of these atleast are newspapers :wink:

After too many years in the university of life, show me a newspaper ( or reader for that matter) who doesn,t have a bias one way or the other.

The only genuine read - and you people are too young to remember - was when I bought Billy's Weekly Liar outside Wilderspool stadium on Saturdays. At least you knew everything in it was a lie.

Some of the newspapers mentioned do their best to emulate BWL.

Happy days

Loo, you are getting increasingly tiresome. A visit to the docs might remove your morbid obsession with Maggie and the Mail.

Are you sponsorred at ?5 per mention?

Surely if you were totally confident in your solution for the country's problems you wouldn't need to continue your attempts at point scoring from your repetition.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I disagree, She was terrible,She stood for greed and exploitation :x

Always worth remembering that she won 3 General Elections, and if she was as bad as you say, it clearly doesn't say a lot for her opponents. :wink:

So did Tony Blair, so it clearly ............... blah blah :roll::roll: