Is it illegal to be in a hurry?

asperity

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyje; there's a world of difference between "one's opinion" and current reality, hence political expression. :roll: In my world they would never be released, life = life; in Baz's world they would be topped - but in this PC liberal age (that you appear to concure with), they will be released in a few years - all at great expense to the public. :twisted: Harry, you'd think "public opinion" on most things would be reflected at the polls - problem is; it isn't. :roll:

Its because he does have a problem with race :!:

Tell you what Obs, you don't fling about unsubstantiated comments about me, and I will stop flinging substantiated comments about you :lol::wink:.

You seem a bit like Maggie, who did not consider her self to be racist, but was an enthusiastic supporter of South Africa when it still had apartheid :wink: It came as a surprise to her as well :wink:

Again tis you who doesn't understand the difference between your "isms" - IF I'm guilty of an "ism", it would be National"ism"; but as I support eventual "world" Government, even that may not be appropriate. :wink: As for Maggie; her support for the S/African Regime was a support for the rich over the poor, which in the case of S/Africa was in stark black and white - and btw, hasn't really altered that much since. :shock:

Wasn't it the devil woman who branded Nelson Mandela ?s African National Congress as ?terrorists?? :?:?

"Umkhonto we Sizwe ("Spear of the Nation"), abbreviated to MK, was the military wing of the ANC. Partly in response to the Sharpeville Massacre of 1960, individual members of the ANC found it necessary to resort to violence. Though most of ANC's leadership disagreed, many members within the organisation decided that non-violent campaigns were not working. Many members of the ANC were not comfortable with the MK arrangement, but individuals, such as Nelson Mandela, felt guerrilla warfare had to be considered. In cooperation with the South African Communist Party, MK was founded in 1961. During its days in exile, the ANC was often criticised by western governments who shared the South African government's characterization of the group as a terrorist organization. Several high-profile anti-Apartheid activists such as Archbishop Desmond Tutu criticized the ANC for its willingness to resort to violence, arguing that tactics of non-violent resistance, such as civil disobedience were more productive. The ANC's willingness to ally with Communists was also the subject of both foreign and domestic criticism. A Pentagon report of the late 1980s described the ANC as "a major terrorist organization".

As is often said, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter and V.V.

Rather than use an emotive term such as terrorism, I think what can be agreed upon is that the ANC, did at some stage, use violent struggle as part of its campaign to bring about change.

Maggie was a supporter of apartheid. She wanted to go to South Africa to show her support but was stopped. Check your history on Maggie she was a supporter of the regime. There is to much evidence about even for her biographists to air brush out. :wink:

Never forget Maggie was against sanctions for apartheid South Africa :!:

You've just gotta be kidding Pierre?! :shock: Self inflicted?! More like played for and got. :shock: They finished up closing more pits than even Scargill feared, deliberate act of provocation to put the Unions "in their place" - and of course vengence for Ted Heath's humiliating 3 day week. :twisted: