River Boundary?

observer

Was the R.Mersey the historical boundary between - the Brigantes and the Cornovi? :? Later - the Mercians and Rheged? :? And after that - the early Saxon England and Danelaw? :? Makes one wonder how/why Cheshire's boundary was allowed to extend itself north of the Mersey into Lancashire? :shock::roll:

Think it was 1974, and the beginning of "dog's breakfast" Local Government re-organisations, that have continued ever since; in the belief that "bigger is better"; but forgot that "bigger" equals more distant from the people they supposed to be serving. :roll:

Think it was 1974, and the beginning of "dog's breakfast" Local Government re-organisations, that have continued ever since; in the belief that "bigger is better"; but forgot that "bigger" equals more distant from the people they supposed to be serving. :roll:

You can't say that. You'll upset those nice people in the Town Hall who think they are doing a wonderful job. :shock:

votes probably :wink:

On the subject of which, at the forthcoming General Election, the Warrington South Constituency goes all the way north to include Dallam. Most people still think it is just the area south of

a) the Ship Canal or

B) the River Mersey.

Well I never knew that. Just googled it cos I didn't believe you :lol: and found the following (all a bit confusing :?)

Always though Penketh, Bewsey etc came under the North too :?

WARRINGTON NORTH BOROUGH CONSTITUENCY (71,868). Ten wards of the Borough of Warrington:- Birchwood, Burtonwood and Winwick, Culcheth, Glazebury and Croft, Fairfield and Howley, Orford, Poplars and Hulme, Poulton North, Poulton South, Rixton and Woolston, Westbrook.

WARRINGTON SOUTH BOROUGH CONSTITUENCY (75,114). Twelve wards of the Borough of Warrington:- Appleton, Bewsey and Whitecross, Grappenhall and Thelwall, Great Sankey North, Great Sankey South, Hatton, Stretton and Walton, Latchford East, Latchford West, Lymm, Penketh and Cuerdley, Stockton Heath, Whittle Hall.

Where is the actual constitiency boundary line between North and South these days (not that there should be a divide of course before anyone has a go at me :P ).

Shame on you for not believing me. :D:D:D:wink:

With regards the boundries, sometimes it is down the middle of a road, or a stream or a railway track. You can always pop in to the Conservative office opposite Morrisons, we've marked up a map with the most recent changes. It is confusing....and I'm the local election agent. :wink:

Shame on you for not believing me. :D:D:D:wink:

I never believe anyone Paul so don't take it personally :lol::lol::wink:

With regards the boundries, sometimes it is down the middle of a road, or a stream or a railway track.

I know that :P So which roads or streams does the Warrington South/Warrington North boundaries fall on ?

Who decides to move boundaries and WHY?

For example part of the 'Walton/Stockton Heath' boundary used to be Walton Heath Road but now it's moved further into Stockton Heath and is now down the centre of Frances Road (where half the residents live in Stockotn Heath and the other half opposite live in Walton) Bit Daft if you ask me.

You can always pop in to the Conservative office opposite Morrisons, we've marked up a map with the most recent changes. It is confusing....and I'm the local election agent. :wink:

Are you really :lol::lol::P.

I have a better idea... can the Conservatives (or even WBC) put the latest map on-line so we can all see where we actually live these days :D:wink::P