Gridlock.

observer

Never really had a problem with gridlock caused by lemmings there myself Obs (presuming we are talking about the same bit). I agree that gridlock caused by bad road design may be a problem at times though :wink:

Maybe today was just a bad day for you Obs and if you were grumpy and scowling at other drivers maybe they just didn't want to let you out... :wink: they always let me out but that's cos I am always smiling, calm and polite :wink::P:lol:

Unfortunately that is the mindset of drivers these days Obs. As I've stated before on this forum I don't know why everyone is in such a hurry to get to the next red light. With a bit of patience we will all reach our destination at the appointed time :wink::wink:

I always let people out although I must admit some drivers are a bit odd when it comes to doing the same.

I don't let it bother me :wink: Like Asp says they rarely get to their destination any quicker despitet their rudeness. I guess if it makes them feel better knowing they have managed to keep others out of their own personal important place in the line of traffic and they feel happy and content being a total **** then so be it :lol:

I've been blocked in many times when trying to cross certain roundabouts in town too Obs. It's quite funny if I am in our bigger car as I find that driving a few inches forward so my bull bars are a foot away from their side door (whilst smiling sweetly of course) does make them twitch and look a bit embarrassed for blocking the way though :wink::lol:

anytime i am driving down chester road at 30 i can guarantee to be overtaken by at least six cars.

same can be said on the dual carriageway, do 45 and i can be overtaken and the limit is 40.

last sunday was travelling from father in laws at 69 on motorway and was overtaken by three cars towing caravans.they must have been doing at least seventy five.

all i can say is that most motorist are just annoyed at bikers because they can get through the traffic quicker than they can. 8)

as i am never in a rush to be anywhere i stick to the speed limits, gets me where i want to go. i suppose i am too laid back as i never get annoyed when stuck in traffic, unlike Mrs Sid who thinks it is a big conspiracy to make her late, even though it doesn't matter what time she gets where she is going, and gets really stressed out and annoyed at the slightest thing.

i am just glad that she has never learnt to drive. :shock::?

I only ever ride to the speed limit of the road !! if it's raining i ride slower still !!

Only once have i gone over 70 and that was on a ride from warrington to Margate and even then never reached 90, My bike is a naked, so doing anything over 60 hurts the neck LOL !!

I will never ride fast as the risk is too high !! If i come off, i'd like to know i have a slim chance of surviving !!

I drove a car for 12 years before taking up biking ( couldnt afford to run a car anymore !! )..

I feel safer on a bike than i do in any "cage" !!

And it's proven, bikers make better car drivers as we learn to pay more attention to the road, and the idiots on it, who are too busy lighting up a cig or txt-ing a mate or having a domestic over which wrong turn they made!! :P

I feel safer on a bike than i do in any "cage" !!

Please tell me you are joking with this statement Tina???!!!

I know I have generalised somewhat in my last few statements; but I really do see very very few bikers who can't leave a set of traffic lights without winding the bike up as fast as they can.......

the other thing I have always wondered about with bikers: when they stop at traffic lights, why do they always look down at their engines as if something is wrong!!?? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The Richard Heads were back on the Island today: bloke in sun-glasses (it was raining) in a Jag; desperate not to let anyone out from Buttermarket St; he even tried to stop a bus - it's really a good thing we don't carry guns. :twisted:

don't you like buses then Obs? :wink: