Kop for sale

wolfie

Steve,

On a forum of 2000+ members, you are bound to encounter a few sensitive souls who take offence at the most trivial things.

I also understand that moderation is difficult, and it is very difficult to know where to draw the line. By way of example, "Lucy" has made the following comments on the Shannon Matthews case, "The worrying thing is that the media try to dress the whole thing up as some sort of heart moving story that we should all watch or read about. Why should decent people even be interested in them!"

Personally I find such sentiments far more offensive and obnoxious than a few light-hearted Scouse jibes, but have not noticed moderators jumping in to spare my feelings. :sleeping:

Originally posted by Charles Bronson:

Steve,

On a forum of 2000+ members, you are bound to encounter a few sensitive souls who take offence at the most trivial things.

I also understand that moderation is difficult, and it is very difficult to know where to draw the line. By way of example, "Lucy" has made the following comments on the Shannon Matthews case, "The worrying thing is that the media try to dress the whole thing up as some sort of heart moving story that we should all watch or read about. Why should decent people even be interested in them!"

Personally I find such sentiments far more offensive and obnoxious than a few light-hearted Scouse jibes, but have not noticed moderators jumping in to spare my feelings. :D

As for Lucys comment yes i agree but they didnt break any of the T&Cs so i see no problem there.

I do feel that lucy is a bit of a snob..Sorry Lucy but thats how i see you..

Steve

Scouse jokes can be upsetting if you are a scouser and boring if heard before, but so can 'blonde' and 'Irish' jokes. I can only assume that the person who complained is a scouser but not blonde or Irish. But isn't it typical that a thread that had almost died has been brought to life by someone who didn't want to see anymore reference to it :wink:

[ 20.03.2008, 17:03: Message edited by: trojan ]

Well i am a scouser and i still laugh at the jokes.

I have no idea who the poster is or wether they are male or female but still they are entitled to have their say and i am sure they are reading this with interest.

I have stopped my blonde jokes and i dont tell irish ones as i cant do the accent :o

Steve

Originally posted by Steve the original:

I have no idea who the poster is or wether they are male or female but still they are entitled to have their say and i am sure they are reading this with interest.

Steve

But they didn't have their say, Gary had it for them :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Hicks has called for Parry to resign - he would need Gillet to agree this though who probably doesnt hence the letter. Is he a total muppet? Will make him loathed even more than now.

Also DIC has pulled out FTB until they sort their differences out.

Rogan Taylor it is then.....