Kop for sale

wolfie

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Peter:

According to the Mail, having missed the agreed date, they have got a few weeks to come up with a deal to refinance the original loan of ?220 million from the Royal Bank of Scotland, and that Jurgan Klinsmann has been approached about becoming the new manager.

See the owners have accepted that they approached Klinnsman as an "insurance policy".

Also the Daily Post report DIC seeking to buy them out for ?500m and build the stadium. Did the supporters back the wrong horse?

• 3 weeks later...
A new organisation called 'Share Liverpool FC' has announced plans for a supporters co-operative to buy the club.

The plan is to produce a members-share scheme similar to the one already in existence at Barcelona, effectively owned by its fans, and raise 500 million pounds to buy the club and build a new stadium in Stanley Park.

They will need to sell quite a few hubcaps to get that off the ground. :wink:

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by wolfie:

A new organisation called 'Share Liverpool FC' has announced plans for a supporters co-operative to buy the club.

The plan is to produce a members-share scheme similar to the one already in existence at Barcelona, effectively owned by its fans, and raise 500 million pounds to buy the club and build a new stadium in Stanley Park.

They will need to sell quite a few hubcaps to get that off the ground. :wink:
Wolfie - you may think you are funny but just to let you know what others think I received this from a recent new member.

I have only recently found your web site, and I find it quite informative. But what I can't understand is all of the anti scouse jibes which appear ie from Wolfie.

This is quite disturbing really as there is no foundation for all of the comments which he makes. I bet that if he was deriding Asians or other races his comments wouldn't get published.

In my view he must be contravening several of the items from the list below which all posts must conform to.

Intentionally misleading and incorrect information [*]Malicious Name calling [*]Impersonation [*]Profanity [*]Obscenity [*]Tribal Baiting [*]Ethnic Baiting [*]Religious Baiting [*]Racial Baiting [*]Sexuality Baiting [*]Sexual Explicitness [*]No Flaming or flame bait [*]No Spamming

I will keep enjoying most of the posts, especially if idiots keep unfounded sterotype thoughts to themselves.

[ 18.03.2008, 09:52: Message edited by: Gary ]

I have only recently found your web site, and I find it quite informative. But what I can't understand is all of the anti scouse jibes which appear ie from Wolfie.

This is quite disturbing really as there is no foundation for all of the comments which he makes. I bet that if he was deriding Asians or other races his comments wouldn't get published.

If this person can't understand anti scouse jokes I would ask where has he been living all his life.

Perhaps he doesn't understand Irish jokes either.

As for no foundation for the comments, one only needs to read this mornings papers to see that out of the top 30 areas claiming benefits 11 are around Liverpool. So the 'scouse benefits jokes' have no foundation :confused: :confused:

Since when have sousers been a 'race'

Why does this person single out Wolfie.

Why didn't this person see fit to post his concerns himself :confused:

I would suggest that if he finds such minor points as this offensive he would be better off joining a Liverpool forum rather than this one.

The mystery poster is a prime example of a scouser, getting someone else to do his work.

Gary, you use 'others', should that not be 'one'? Any poster with bottle will reply to wolfie et al as opposed to crying to the management. What a wimp. :roll:

I felt the need to post this because it seemed to be a totally reasonable comment and I felt it needed to be flagged up how new people joining the forum felt.

A part from the soccer banter, I would prefer to move away from the "them and us" mentality.

This forum is here for information and fun.

I also don't see why I should justify what I do on here so this will be my only comment on this subject.

Can't believe what's going on here.

Since January there have been references to Labour, Tory and Lib Dem politicians being stupid, liars and cheats. There have been jokes about homosexuals, the Irish, Jeremy Beadle, Gazza and now Madaleine McAnn. Fellow posters have been told to grow up, get a life and stop being stupid and yet someone who finds most of the posts interesting gets upset about a scouse joke :roll: or would that be a 'stereotype thought'?

I am sure most of you will recall that things were getting out of hand for a while and we did call time on some of the jokes and comments made,so any new posters/readers will only of seen whats been posted recently and i presume it can be a bit daunting for them and lets be honest would anyone make comments knowing full well that they would be torn apart because they are a Scouser or Mancunian or whatever??

Some people take things as Banter and some as downright insults,TMM and i have banter but maybe a newbie reading would think we are having a go at each other,so remember its those who are new who might get the wrong end of the stick and there are those who are just fed up with reading the same old comments about Scousers/Mancs ect, so lets just give the person who PM?d Gary or anyone else a break who is fed up of such comments.

Steve

Although this anonymous poster pointed out wolfie by name I'm not sure why Gary needed to include it. We all know wolfie has a pop at us scousers but he isn't on his own, Eddie, Robbo Eagle, Busby, Fatshaft and Keith amongst others have all had a go. It all seems a bit personal to single out one poster :confused: even if he does support ManU.

I'm a new poster and can't understand why Gary is getting so sniffy and precious about a bit of banter ? :roll:

Football is all about opinions and there is nothing wrong with a few light-hearted exchanges. If our new member is so sensitive, I suggest he/she takes up flower-arranging. :roll:

Incidentally, the comparison with 'deriding Asians' was pathetic, inappropriate and simply wrong.

"I also don't see why I should justify what I do on here so this will be my only comment on this subject".

Gary, you really have taken your ball home, haven't you ? :roll:

Originally posted by Charles Bronson:

I'm a new poster and can't understand why Gary is getting so sniffy and precious about a bit of banter ? :roll:

Football is all about opinions and there is nothing wrong with a few light-hearted exchanges. If our new member is so sensitive, I suggest he/she takes up flower-arranging. :roll:

Incidentally, the comparison with 'deriding Asians' was pathetic, inappropriate and simply wrong.

"I also don't see why I should justify what I do on here so this will be my only comment on this subject".

Gary, you really have taken your ball home, haven't you ? :roll:

All Gary was doing was to pass on some comments made and to hopefully make others aware of the fact that others might feel imtimidated by comments made.

As for Gary not commenting further i quite agree with that as he is dammed if he comments further and dammed if he doesnt,its very much like being a Mod on here..so give Gary his dues and accept that he wont comment on this topic again.

Steve