Teacher in court over murder bid

Mary

A science teacher has appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of one of his students.

Peter Harvey, 49, is accused of attacking 14-year-old Jack Waterhouse at All Saints' Roman Catholic School in Mansfield on Wednesday morning.

Paramedics found the teenager unconscious in a pool of blood at the entrance to a classroom in the school's science block.

He is in a stable condition at the Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham, where he is being treated for a bleed on the brain and a fractured skull.

Harvey, of Rannoch Drive, Mansfield, spoke only to confirm his name and address during a ten-minute hearing at the town's magistrates' court.

He was remanded in custody to appear at Nottingham Crown Court.

:cry:

From accounts in the news it appears that the whole class were singing an insulting song aimed at the teacher. Also the boy in question continued to swear directly at the teacher. Because there is no way that disciplinary actions can be taken in schools these days, it appears that the teacher finally cracked. Totally wrong, and the teacher should have known better, but very surprising that it hasn't happened before. :roll::roll::roll:

No doubt that the little darlings will be celebrating when the teacher gets sent down. :evil::roll:

This is what happens when kids get all "the rights" and no responsibilities; and those "in authority" get all the responsibilities and no rights. :twisted: Your right Asp: we used to get a crack round the head from teachers, coppers; and if you complained to your parents, one from them too! Love is the ideal way of earning respect, but where it fails - fear is better. :shock:

I qualified my post by stating

From accounts in the news
No apportioning blame.

However, my wife is a teacher and I know full well how a large majority of kids behave in school and they do so because of a total lack of disciplinary measures. It would not surprise me in the least to hear that this was a result of kids pushing it that bit too far, knowing that they would never get punished. :roll: