FA Cup Draw

Gary, can only see one problem with this, the game is scheduled for Challenge cup final day I believe, and I know for certain that if the rugby team get there, there will be no gate man, no kit men, no matchday secretary, quite possibly a number of committee members and possibly even a chief executive at Wembley. If we get there, we may need to alter the game to either Sunday, or find emergency cover for the said roles.

Gary, can only see one problem with this, the game is scheduled for Challenge cup final day I believe, and I know for certain that if the rugby team get there, there will be no gate man, no kit men, no matchday secretary, quite possibly a number of committee members and possibly even a chief executive at Wembley. If we get there, we may need to alter the game to either Sunday, or find emergency cover for the said roles.

Looks like a Monday night encounter then - I'm on to the FA!!!

you dont no if they will get there yet :idea:

As you can imagine, us Leythers are hopeful that the FA Cup game is shifted to the Monday :lol:

THE FA have rejected our request to play the game on the Monday stipulating that all games have to be completed by the weekend.

We are now requesting it is played on the friday evening, if Warrington Wolves are in the Challenge Cup final.

Hopefully be the start of a fantastic sporting weekend with the town celebrating a unique double in the Challenge cup and FA Cup. :D

We have also drawn our near neighbours Leigh in the Unibond Cup, away this time - so it looks like we are in for a few interesting local derbies this season!

The barmy army will be out in force at Leigh's ground - just hope the rugby boys don't make you play away again! :roll::wink:

Oh and welcome Leyther Matt!

• 2 weeks later...
THE FA have rejected our request to play the game on the Monday stipulating that all games have to be completed by the weekend.

That's a joke! Good old flexible FA.

Hope Wire stuff the crust munchers anyroad - that's definitely one game where I'll be on your side (especially as a former Fairfield resident)!

Will be keeping an eye on Warrington anyroad through my source(s) at your place :lol: