Are you a regular user of the M62?

Gary

... If so my heart bleeds for you - a rare journey down the M62 to Rochdale at 6.30am this morning and it was near gridlock in many places and the same again coming back towards Warrington at 8am and then again tonight at 4.30pm and again coming back at 6pm :cry:

I don't know if today was particularly bad but if I had to endure that every day I would be looking for another job!

I could not believe how much traffic was on the road at 6.30am!! :shock:

... If so my heart bleeds for you - a rare journey down the M62 to Rochdale at 6.30am this morning and it was near gridlock in many places and the same again coming back towards Warrington at 8am and then again tonight at 4.30am and again coming back at 6pm :cry:

I don't know if today was particularly bad but if I had to endure that every day I would be looking for another job!

I'm off to Cambridge tomorrow and intend to leave no later than 04:30 to miss the traffic!!

The roads to Yorkshire and in fact anywhere are terrible at peak hours which is why I always set my first meeting no earlier than 10:30!!

I went to Hull this morning for a 10.00 meeting. I knew it would be busy so I left at 7.15. Sure enough 2.5 hours for 120 miles. There was slow moving traffic on the M60 which turns out to have been caused just by drivers rubbernecking an accident scene on the westbound carriageway (there was queuing traffic for miles on the westbound side). Needless to say as soon as we were passed the scene the traffic cleared up. Coming back this afternoon only took 2 hours. All the motorways seem to be as bad in my experience (not vast I must admit). :wink::wink:

... If so my heart bleeds for you - a rare journey down the M62 to Rochdale at 6.30am this morning and it was near gridlock in many places and the same again coming back towards Warrington at 8am and then again tonight at 4.30am and again coming back at 6pm :cry:

Do you mean PM? Wouldnt expect it to be so bad at 4.30AM :shock:

Most congestion could be sorted by removing self-righteous BMW drivers who think it is acceptable to occupy the middle/outside lanes at ALL times! :shock:

Do you mean PM? Wouldnt expect it to be so bad at 4.30AM :shock:

Most congestion could be sorted by removing self-righteous BMW drivers who think it is acceptable to occupy the middle/outside lanes at ALL times! :shock:

I did mean PM - well spotted! I have edited! :oops:

If I'm working nights and find myself over at our large customer site in Halifax I know that if I leave there any later than 6am I'm in for at least a 90 minute journey back to Lymm. My current record is leaving there at 6:30am and not arriving home until just after 9am, no accidents or obvious causes for the slow journey, just shear weight of traffic. 2 1/2 hours to cover something like 55 miles!

It's just amazing to see the number of people who are living in Yorkshire and travel into Manchester each morning.

By contrast, driving to or from my main site near Bootle (34 miles) via the M62 and M57 rarely takes more than 35 minutes regardless of the time of day.

Reading some of your posts Paul, some of them do not fall into Tory policy, as some of mine do not fall into Liberal Policy, and as I said I am not a member of the party.

As for Baz good miss quote of me :wink: if you were in a pub at the same time as me and I new who you were I would buy you a pint :wink:

Ps

Paul have the Tories got a policy on roads or are they keeping it a secret till after they get elected along with all there other policies

:wink: