APPLETON PHONE MAST. Objections needed by 23rd June

Sha

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a touch of NIMBYism? :wink:

Seems NIMBYism is everywhere... including Latchford :lol:

AN application to erect a replacement monopole 'phone mast in LATCHFORD has been refused by planning committee members after residents voiced their objections.

VODAPHONE is no longer applying for permission to erect a phone mast at Gainsborough Road, Wilderspool, following objections from residents and Latchford West councillors.

PLANNERS at Warrington Borough Council have thrown out a scheme to build a 15m high phone mast in Lymm.

plans for an O2 mobile phone mast on Warrington Road Penketh were refused.

but to be fair on you Peter... Latchford was approved for a 12.3 meter Vodaphone phone mast last month :P

I'm bored of looking now as it's 'not in my back yard' either :wink:8)

Dismayed,

you will get lynched calling Gainsboro' rd Latchford. They call it Lower Walton on the bungalow estate. :roll:

I make a point of addressing any envelopes Latchford, just to dampen their ideas of grandeur.

PS. The cllrs object to everything, that's when they know what is going on. :lol::wink:

Since when was Gainsborough Road Lower Walton :shock::lol:

I suppose the new "Walton" Locks development is on that side so maybe that's caused the confusion :lol:

Gainsborough Road and the other roads round come under the Latchford West Ward... but you know that :D:wink:

As for councillors... dont get me started... it's too late and I need sleep Grrr :shock::lol::wink:

My original post as a reminder of the last date for objections to the phone mast in Appleton was meant for the wider community, some of whom may browse this forum and may be interested in this subject.

For your information Peter the proposed phone mast will not be in my backyard as I live on Cobbs Estate.

The reasons I think it is worth objecting to this mast are mainly because it is unnecessary, there is already one mast just metres away which this company could share.

I don't think that there's any evidence that they don't already have sufficient coverage of the area and suspect that they are merely trying to ensure a lions share of the market when the destruction of Appleton's green fields commences.

It will have an extremely damaging effect on the character and setting of the area.

Also, another point which I think is extremely important is that the people living in the immediate vicinity are very much opposed to another mast.

To me this proposal is a conflict between people and greed, I choose to support the people.

You may not think that any issues outside your own area are worth getting involved in, there is no need to knock me because I do.

I am not knocking you Sha, just questioning the reason behind your post.

Mobiles are the present and the future. In some ways they are no different to pylons or telegraph poles.

Given that there are that many about, how many do you actually notice in any one day.

I dislike all these apartment blocks that have sprung up everywhere, but gradually you get used to them and don't notice them.

Greenfields????

ALL those bordering your area right up to Appleton Thorn and Stretton were earmarked decades ago for development. Part of the "New Town" plan. So enjoy them whilst you can. :wink:

Just a thought, why can't they install a much bigger mast on the Appleton Industrial estate that all telecoms companies could use, and beam across the whole area. Maybe they can't do that because microwaves only travel a short distance and hence the need for more masts.

Vodafone reception is poor in this area, as is Virgin.

Remember "big brother" knows where you are...or approximately, when your mobile is switched on. :shock:

The early tithe maps (1836-51) show Lower Walton as stretching along the contour of the old river in the direction of Sankey Bridges as well as to the South of the MS canal as we see it today. The area at that time came under the Parish of Runcorn. So Paul K is right to some degree :wink:

At the same time Gainsborough Road and the surrounding area (owned by Manchester Ship Canal Co. ) came under the Parish of Warrington

On the 1910 map the area to the north of the Manchester Ship Canal is detailed as being Arpley Meadows which was separated by the old Latchford Canal that fed into Walton Locks (which is also detailed as being the parliamentary boundary). Gainsborough Road is in that section.

The Tithe map of 1836-51 also shows the whole area of the current day Stockton Heath being under the boundary of Appleton (left to right from roughly just before Walton gardens Zoo to Barleycastle?Top to bottom from just over the other side of SH wing bridge to just before the motorway at Stretton (give or take a few indentations along the way) This whole area at the time came under the parish of Great Budworth. Stockton Heath itself didn?t actually exist until c 1897

Latchford was actually a township within the Grappenhall Parish, and became a civil parish in 1866.

In 1894 the part of Latchford which was outside Warrington County Borough was separated and became Latchford Without.

In 1896 Latchford was then extended to include parts of Appleton and Latchford Without. It then transferred to Lancashire and in 1898 it was incorporated into Warrington civil parish. This also included the hamlet of Wilderspool.

Stockton Heath appeard in 1897 when it was taken from part of Appleton

St Wilfreds Church in Grappenhall was originally the ancient Parish Church for Latchford with St James being the Parish Church for other parts of Latchford.

In 1933 the area north of the Manchester Ship Canal was transferred to the county of Lancashire.

In 1936 other parts of Latchford Without and Grappenhall were also added to Stockton Heath along with part of the hamlet of Lumb Brook.

St Marys and All Saints was originally the ancient Parish Church for Stockton Heath and St Thomas?s (which was founded in c1838) was apparently the Parish Church for Acton Grange, Appleton, Walton Inferior and Walton Superior (today of course it covers modern day Stockton Heath).

St Johns in Walton finally became the parish church for Walton Inferior in c1879

I?ll shut up now although it is fascinating how boundaries, areas and place names change over time and how we all are not really from where we think :lol::wink::P

Bet no-one read all that :lol: ... your loss :lol::wink::P

Also, another point which I think is extremely important is that the people living in the immediate vicinity are very much opposed to another mast.

No issue with that whatsoever, as long as those objecting don;t have a mobile phone.

To me this proposal is a conflict between people and greed, I choose to support the people.

I agree totally. I am sure the people of Appleton want their mobiles, they just don't want a mast in their area to service it!

It?d be interesting to do a poll to establish if the people in Appleton are actually opposed to mobile phone technology or whether this is just a case of a very vocal minority intent to impose it?s wishes onto the majority?

In my experience of public objections, most have little or no understanding of the facts and rely instead on a few loud-mouthed individuals to shout down and heckle at any reasoned logic.

It?d be interesting to do a poll to establish if the people in Appleton are actually opposed to mobile phone technology or whether this is just a case of a very vocal minority intent to impose it?s wishes onto the majority?

In my experience of public objections, most have little or no understanding of the facts and rely instead on loud-mouthed individuals to shout down and heckle at any reasoned logic.

Surely not Bill, surely not. :wink::)