Gary, You've Upset Brown Owl!

kateoflymm

My daughter (Brown Owl) and I have just looked at the excellent video and pictures of Saturday's Lymm May Queen parade. There's a photo, or a video, of every float in the parade except one - 5th Lymm Brownies. Every year they put in a float - a lot of hard work goes into it - and every year they seem to be "ignored" in the photos. Not nice for the adults who worked so hard and not nice for the children either.

:? Unfortunately as we have many photos and bags of footage shot during the event ....... We have to shoot over 40 minutes of film footage and reduce it to just 6 or 8 minutes. No matter which way it is edited someone will always be missed out, its just impossible to include everyone.............

p.s. myself and Gary do this at our own expense and free time at weekend and we dont get paid for covering these events. We both give up our own personal family time to promote these events.

I am sure that many parents from the Brownies were at the event and some surely had video cameras with them.

I think that i may still have some footage of the Brownies but obviously i would need to check the tapes ......

I know that and you do a great job, the video's super, but it always seems to happen to them. :cry: It's not just you, every publication of pictures seems to miss them out and Brown Owl's becoming paranoid. :lol:

Oh and the Brownie leaders don't get paid for giving up so much of their time, all year round, either.

Well missing out the Brownies is not intentional either .... and as for giving up time we cover these events on top of an average 60 hour week ....... :shock: But we do it as we believe that we are part of the community too ........

I would be happy to film the brownies at some time but due to all the restrictions placed upon us including CRB checks etc our job is made quite difficult :cry:

My daughter (Brown Owl) and I have just looked at the excellent video and pictures of Saturday's Lymm May Queen parade. There's a photo, or a video, of every float in the parade except one - 5th Lymm Brownies. Every year they put in a float - a lot of hard work goes into it - and every year they seem to be "ignored" in the photos. Not nice for the adults who worked so hard and not nice for the children either.

Hi Kate - Didn't even see the brownies - for future reference people tend to make themselves known to us if they want to feature in a video or have their photo taken - like anything else in life if you don't ask you don't get.

Please ensure brown owl flaps her wings next time she sees us! :wink:

Gary, I'm not really whinging (well, I am but on daughter's behalf :lol: ) but the kids really were there - their float was the other High School Musical one - with Brownies written all over the side. Anyway Brown Owl says she will swoop towards you next time and, if you do her proud, she may save you a vole. :wink:

Must be hard to include everyone but I'm feeling really sorry for the 5th Lymm Brownies after reading Kate's posts :cry:

I'm sure that if someone emailed Gary some pictures he could include them on his gallery... you would wouldn't you Gary :D:wink:

Kate you can upload your own pictures on here too although I reaslise it's not quite the same as being spotted in the headlines :cry::wink:

Gary, I'm not really whinging (well, I am but on daughter's behalf :lol: ) but the kids really were there - their float was the other High School Musical one - with Brownies written all over the side. Anyway Brown Owl says she will swoop towards you next time and, if you do her proud, she may save you a vole. :wink:

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1476&g2_serialNumber=1

How was I meant to know there were two High School Musical floats!! :roll:

[quote name='"Gary

How was I meant to know there were two High School Musical floats!! ]

Because' date=' apart from the different look of them, one said "5th Lymm Brownies" and the other said "Statham Primary School" very prominently on the sides of the lorries. :roll::lol::lol::lol:[/quote']

Gary, as a reporter you are supposed to find out. :P

Also it was a Lymm event not a Statham one. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm surprised your cameraman didn't spot the difference. :roll::roll::roll:

Kate, you can't get the staff these days. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

:wink: Peter, my remit was to film 'on the fly' grabbing interviews as Gary saw fit ..... we were never scripted to film every float on the day ..... its a news clip not war and peace !!!!!

As Gary said, those who make themselves known to us stand more chance of coverage...

i don't recall seeing you there on the day .... :wink:

:wink: Peter, my remit was to film 'on the fly' grabbing interviews as Gary saw fit ..... we were never scripted to film every float on the day ..... its a news clip not war and peace !!!!!

As Gary said, those who make themselves known to us stand more chance of coverage...

i don't recall seeing you there on the day .... :wink:

I bet the other half would have seen it or does she only notice fancy dress?

Just proved the point. If you didn't see me, you wouldn't have seen the other float. :wink:

A touch of myopia???? :wink: