10,500 at reserves

Gary

Only got my ticket Tuesday a.m and all North/East seating gone so opted for South standing. Was worth the ?2 I paid as a SC but no more. Quality of football poor despite plenty of enthusiasm. 'Pool far superior on the night and apart from a brilliant long range speculative shot Gary Neville seemed anything but ready for a reurn to first team. The bad language and obscene chanting made me think seriously about staying for second half but I did - why no loudspeaker warnings about the lanugage as at Wolves games ?? noticable that seating in both the stands had half emptied with 15 minutes of the game left so I guess others were disappointed with the entertainment.

8)8)

Originally posted by Pedro:

Only got my ticket Tuesday a.m and all North/East seating gone so opted for South standing. Was worth the ?2 I paid as a SC but no more. Quality of football poor despite plenty of enthusiasm. 'Pool far superior on the night and apart from a brilliant long range speculative shot Gary Neville seemed anything but ready for a reurn to first team. The bad language and obscene chanting made me think seriously about staying for second half but I did - why no loudspeaker warnings about the lanugage as at Wolves games ?? noticable that seating in both the stands had half emptied with 15 minutes of the game left so I guess others were disappointed with the entertainment.

8)8)

Pedro - come and join our merry band at Warrington Town on Saturday - ?3 admission for a concession but you will get some free refreshements from yours truly and meet up with several fellow posters including Peter and JayC.

I can promise a very entertaining afternoon as Warrington seek their first home victory under their new manager.

No bad language anouncements heard where I was in South stand near half way - just regular appeals to keep the yellow marked gangways clear. At my peril I told one youth lighting a fag at half time that stadium has been none smoking for some months - to my amazement he put his lighter and packet away. Majority of support seemed to be Man U even though this was a 'pool home game - maybe thir reserves have a bigger following - thanks for invite Gary - do you supply meat pies ??

8)8)

Hmmm interesting maybe the announcement was only made in one area. I just remember the announcer saying that "this is a community stadium please refrain from using bad or abusive language." Or something along those lines.....of course it had little effect as the man a few rows behind me just yelled **** off when he heard the announcement. There were a lot of Liverpool fans where I was sat - however the standing area had a lot of vocal Man Utd fans from what we could see from our end.

Pedro - nice to see someone actually listened to your polite request instead of giving you abuse...shame though that we get suprised when something like that happens rather than seeing it as the norm!

Good match though....was thoroughly frozen by the end though!

Originally posted by Pedro:

No bad language anouncements heard where I was in South stand near half way - just regular appeals to keep the yellow marked gangways clear. At my peril I told one youth lighting a fag at half time that stadium has been none smoking for some months - to my amazement he put his lighter and packet away. Majority of support seemed to be Man U even though this was a 'pool home game - maybe thir reserves have a bigger following - thanks for invite Gary - do you supply meat pies ??

8)8)

Pedro - we have home made steak pie at most home games.

If you are there on Saturday I will ensure you are well looked after along with Peter and JayC.

Originally posted by Woody:

?4 for a concession Gary, you should know that by now, kids ?2, etc etc. It will be great to see you there, if you fancy a sing sone, get with the Town fans BTG, as we sing our team to three points.

Not if you have one of the half price admission flyers (I have a few left)and all kids aged under 12 are free with a paying adult.

This was agreed by the board and the club chairman at the start of the season.

:roll:

Perhaps the United supporters were just making more noise :wink:

My son was at the match, he said that Utd supporters filled the stand that was allocated and also spilled over into the Liverpool bits

Liverpool had a very strong line up with Daniel Agger - Harry Kewell - Xabi Alonso and also the referee, who disallowed 2 perfectly good goals and gave Poo a penalty. :roll::roll: