Best trilogies?

observer

Godfather should have stuck at Two, Lord of the Rings is the most overhyped One, Two or Three. The Bourne set is boringly the same from from One to whatever it may peak at. Rocky umpteen peaked at Rocky. Jaws peaked at Jaws.

Are sequels and trilogies a means of extracting money from the gullible?

If we're talking books I'd nominate:-

1. The Hitchhikers Guide trilogy (just the first 4 books, the 5th one wasn't so great, and the 6th was by a different author so doesn't count)

2. Robert Rankin's Brentford Chronicles (the 4 original books)

....who says a trilogy has to stop at 3?

for older authors i would pick the skylark series by E E 'doc' Smith.good reading but a bit far fetched regarding plots.

for a more modern author i would pick any of Terry Pratchetts discworld series. have the full series so far and some of his children's ones as well..

unfortunately they cannot be classed as trilogies.

in the film/dvd i would have to say the rush hour films starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker if only for the out takes.

for older authors i would pick the skylark series by E E 'doc' Smith.good reading but a bit far fetched regarding plots.

Preferred his "Lensman" books, still far fetched and very 1950's attitude wise.

for a more modern author i would pick any of Terry Pratchetts discworld series. have the full series so far and some of his children's ones as well..

Brilliant! Getting just a tad repetative now, he seems to be recycling more and more previously used jokes and themes. That'll be the Alzheimers, I expect. :)

Films?

Smokey and the Bandit. Unadulterated trash escapism.