ID Cards?

Noticed a bank is going to produce a cash card with a "built in" computer, so no one else can use it - sounds great. :? BUT: why didn't this Government go for an all dancing, all singing ID card, that can be used as a credit card, a driving licence etc - maybe that would have been worth ?5billion - yet again, could this Gov succeed with such an IT project?! :roll::wink:

no chance they can't even keep their expenses secret so what chance have they got with other peoples information :P

something that came to mind, many years ago my brother went to the post office to cash a giro (that was when A:- giros came through the post. B:- when there was a post office on every street corner, well almost) any way he went in with the said giro and handed it over, they ask him for id, despite the fact that he was good friends with the guy behind the counter (they played snooker regularly on a saturday night). my brother handed over his drivers license and was told that it could not be accepted as id. when my brother asked what would be acceptable he was told a recent utility bill or tv license.

the last time he was asked if he could prove who he was he took out a mirror looked at it and "yep that's me alright" :roll::twisted:

apparently now the tax man can use id cards to investigate bank accounts

talk about communism by ther back door

What a lot of liars there are in the civil service and home office in particular. Scrap the whole scheme and send the originators to the dole queue.