Warrington Joins Forces AND WILL GROW

Dizzy

4 star in certain area's - thanks to Helen Sumner and those who worked with her, but she has now left :(

However am sure some of you will be aware of performance indicators and what mangement information can do with figures ............

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all PIFFLE! :x

Heavens above, they don't know what they're doing or what they need to do or how to do it, like Obs said, time to move AWAY........ and DON'T say "it's the same everywhere", because it isn't.

Warrington is in a mess, the Council is a mess, I have no faith what so ever in this current Council and I "currently" work for them, please let something come along soon.........., it's like camping out at your grannies, they're just lurching from one fix it idea to the next :roll:

:shock: Can someone please tell me where Obs may move too so I don't move to the same place :shock::wink:

Joking aside Tilly, sorry, but if you as an employee have no faith in the Council's abilities then where does that leave the rest of us as you probably know more than we do about what's going on inside.

I guess it must be even more frustrating for you to see it from the inside and probably being made to 'go along' with 'whatever' as there's nothing you can do about it.

It must also be very hard for the staff who, at the end of the day, are only trying to earn a wage. I guess they often find themselves being at the forefront of the firing line through no fault of their own :?:cry:

Fortunately Diz; you live south of the canal, so perhaps that's sufficient seperation! :wink: Methinks too much credance is placed on "local" Councils; around 80% of their spend and policy is statutory - so no local choice. :roll: Where ideas and initiatives do exist, they're usually borrowed from other Councils. :roll: Most Councillors tend to be Officer led in any case, and too busy fighting for their piece of the action to comprehend the big picture. :roll: And ultimately; local elections are viewed merely a test bed for Parliamentaries, thus sustained effort to secure Bewsey, in order to secure Warrington South. :shock::wink:

It's all PIFFLE! :x

Heavens above, they don't know what they're doing or what they need to do or how to do it, like Obs said, time to move AWAY........ and DON'T say "it's the same everywhere", because it isn't.

Warrington is in a mess, the Council is a mess, I have no faith what so ever in this current Council and I "currently" work for them, please let something come along soon.........., it's like camping out at your grannies, they're just lurching from one fix it idea to the next :roll:

:shock: Can someone please tell me where Obs may move too so I don't move to the same place :shock::wink:

Joking aside Tilly, sorry, but if you as an employee have no faith in the Council's abilities then where does that leave the rest of us as you probably know more than we do about what's going on inside.

I guess it must be even more frustrating for you to see it from the inside and probably being made to 'go along' with 'whatever' as there's nothing you can do about it.

It must also be very hard for the staff who, at the end of the day, are only trying to earn a wage. I guess they often find themselves being at the forefront of the firing line through no fault of their own :?:cry:

Erm, nail, head, hit on :roll:

I live "south of the canal" and I'm not "seperated". I work in Bewsey at Bewsey Old School ( Community Services - heaven only knows where I'll work after the restructure...) and I work with people from all over Warrington every day.....

Obs I think you have the wrong idea of what it's really like to live South of the canal. A lot of people seem to think that.

If I COULD move away I definately WOULD it's horrible and getting worse all the time :evil:

Guess the Chavs have come into some money?! :wink:

More like low life opportunists who regularly wander round here 'presuming' we are all loaded and damage our cars, vandalise other things or are simply on the look out for something they can take... or perhaps they are just bored... who knows :evil:

Guess I've just had a bad few months and it's probably the same everywhere :cry:

That's true Tilly; hence Bliar's "education, education, education"; even dumbed down to get Chavs into Uni on Mickey Mouse degrees, so they could get jobs stacking shelves at the local super-market. :roll: You can take folk to the water, but if they have no sense of thirst, they won't drink. :roll::cry:

Sorry to interupt, but going back a page,

Peter,

You said you didn't think local politics would be affected, you may be interested to read this.

http://www.northumberlandcouncil.gov.uk/new/timeline.asp

I don't think it will be long before Warrington goes down the same route, think we are already on the way.

Obs, you are right our local politicians don't have much power, excepting the elite few, Marks and co, who together with the NWDA seem to have got Warringtons' future mapped.

Dismayed, I think that perhaps shortly you will really be dismayed! you too Tilly, think Warrington south of the canal is truly doomed.

I'll really miss the green fields. Maybe we should pack up and go en-mass. :cry:

Sha, I guess its watch this space. The council are in total disarray at the moment and broke. Services are decreasing and the present is being ignored so that 2030 will be "good".

To try and compensate for their shortcomings, WBC is increasingly using the 3rd Sector to deliver services that WBC don't want to. :twisted::evil::twisted::evil::roll:

Maybe they'll move the Town Hall to the HJ Stadium?! :wink:

:lol:

Although it could be deemeded as a tradition and a tourist attraction????? It must cost a fortune to maintain and run and many of us that work for the Council do not work in premises that are remotely as nice or clean or warm or...... well the list goes on an on, it doesn't motivate staff or make them feel valued and in turn generate commitment when they work in a poor environment, and soo much money went of the staduim, be nice to work there every day, at least it's got clean toilets, and it's hoovered and it's warm :roll:

Yikes, no fanks :shock:

I work at Bewsey Old School, it is a very tired, old, dirty, cold, draughty, dusty, falling apart, grey, grim, soul destroying building, miserable it is, it's not clean nor is it cleaned properly and the loo's, well am saying nothing but if you can wait, you wait, :roll:

Tilly,

with all the changes forth-coming maybe you will be moved to a better office,.........hopefully in Warrington, but it could be in Halton or St Helen's????

Peter,

did you note the decrease in councillors, from over 300 to 67.

This was claimed to have saved a lot of money! :D

How do you feel about that happening here?

We could end up with just 20 odd Warrington councillors on our 'Mid-Mersey' council. :shock:

Or, we could vote for the St Helens or Halton people and have none of our present councillors aboard!!! :wink::wink::wink:

Maybe they'll move the Town Hall to the HJ Stadium?! :wink:

...and maybe the councillors should play some matches against the rugby players... only the fittest and toughest survive and the overall winners take over :wink:

I'd buy a ticket to watch :lol::lol:

Sha,

They changed the set-up here a few years ago. It reduced the numbers and was supposed to release the cllrs to spend more time on the streets.

Sadly, I don't think it has worked. They have that many meetings (do they decide anything?) that we see less of them. In fact, around here we see more PCSO's than council people.

Tilly, ask to me moved from the cleaning cupboard.