Pandemic on it's way.

observer

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came accross this snippet:-

"The first case was seen in Mexico on April 13. The outbreak coincided with the President Barack Obama;s trip to Mexico City on April 16. Obama was received at Mexico?s anthropology museum in Mexico City by Felipe Solis, a distinguished archeologist who died the following day from symptoms similar to flu, Reforma newspaper reported."

Pure co-incidence I'm sure :?:?:?

'Sale' to be exact... that's virtually up the road :shock: Must admit I didn't take too much notice of the news hype at first but reports say Mexico has closed all it's schools and other countries are on high alert (..... not to mention the fact that I'm still aching, sniffing, have a sore throat and have had a headache for 3 days and my hayfever tablets don't make any difference... ok so I'm just being paranoid again :lol::shock: )

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that the symptoms and transmission of the swine flu from human to human is like seasonal flu and symptoms are commonly fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing. Some people with swine flu also have reported runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

So basically anyone with some of these symtoms could just have a cold.. tummy bug OR SWINE FEVER :shock: Not much help eh :roll:

They also say Swine flu in humans is most contagious during the first five days of the illness although some people, most commonly children, can remain contagious for up to ten days ..... which leads me onto another question.

If an employee is on holiday in the US and due back within the next week is it advisable to tell them to have another few weeks off just incase :shock::?

'Sale' to be exact... that's virtually up the road :shock: Must admit I didn't take too much notice of the news hype at first but reports say Mexico has closed all it's schools and other countries are on high alert (..... not to mention the fact that I'm still aching, sniffing, have a sore throat and have had a headache for 3 days and my hayfever tablets don't make any difference... ok so I'm just being paranoid again :lol::shock: )

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that the symptoms and transmission of the swine flu from human to human is like seasonal flu and symptoms are commonly fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing. Some people with swine flu also have reported runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

So basically anyone with some of these symtoms could just have a cold.. tummy bug OR SWINE FEVER :shock: Not much help eh :roll:

They also say Swine flu in humans is most contagious during the first five days of the illness although some people, most commonly children, can remain contagious for up to ten days ..... which leads me onto another question.

If an employee is on holiday in the US and due back within the next week is it advisable to tell them to have another few weeks off just incase :shock::?

As long as you don't grunt you are ok.

There is enough vaccine for half the population it seems.

Do the asylum seekers get the first shot to comply with their human rights?

Although to most wimps nowadays, a cold = flu; in most cases you'll still get the "heros" carrying on going to work, sneezing over everyone, and ensuring a good spread. :roll: The advise is simple: if you experience the symptoms STAY AT HOME, and contact the NHS advise line - DON'T go to the Doctor's Surgery or the Hospital and contaminate everyone else. :shock:

Had to laugh, in the case in Falkirk, they traced all the family contacts and found some had been contaminated. :shock: But, the 2 flu cases had just flown back from holiday, in a plane with a re-circulating air system, so that gives them around 200 passengers to check, plus all their contacts. :roll:

Watching the progess of this "pandemic" on the news, is rather like watching a traffic accident in slow motion. :shock: The WHO are following behind the problem, a yard behind with each new story of it's spread; and a spokesman for the WHO, when asked why folk shouldn't be quarantened at airports, said "they may be sick with something else, not swine flu" - what ever happened to better safe rather than sorry. :twisted: Anyway, instead of containment and isolation in an area of Mexico in mid- February, we have a spread throughout Mexico., :shock: Instead of containment and isolation in Mexico, we now have a global spread, as the lemmings travel around the world, as usual. :roll: So let's hope this particular strain doesn't prove to be generally fatal, as the genie is now well and truly out of the bottle. :cry:

Watching the progess of this "pandemic" on the news, is rather like watching a traffic accident in slow motion. :shock: The WHO are following behind the problem, a yard behind with each new story of it's spread; and a spokesman for the WHO, when asked why folk shouldn't be quarantened at airports, said "they may be sick with something else, not swine flu" - what ever happened to better safe rather than sorry. :twisted: Anyway, instead of containment and isolation in an area of Mexico in mid- February, we have a spread throughout Mexico., :shock: Instead of containment and isolation in Mexico, we now have a global spread, as the lemmings travel around the world, as usual. :roll: So let's hope this particular strain doesn't prove to be generally fatal, as the genie is now well and truly out of the bottle. :cry:

But when you see the figures, there are only 2000 reported cases in Mexico, 50 odd in Australia, and 2 in the UK when you see that the total population of those 3 countries is almost 100 million people I don't think it is out of control just yet!!

A bit of scaremongering going on methinks!

From reports, this strain appears to be mild (certainly if treated outside Mexico), so that's one concern diminshed (touch wood): but the "rate of spread" has not been checked, so there will be an exponetial increase of cases globally, just get a calculator and keep multiplying by 2, just to give a flavour of the effect. :roll::shock: