Safe for another season

Both Salford City & Rossendale United lost 4-1 this evening so we ar assure of UniBond League football for another season being 5 & 4 points clear respectively with a game to go for everyone. Garforth also won so we ca'nt get any higher either. So nineteenth is where we will finish. Pretty disappointing really as I honestly thought we'd fare better than that at the start of the season.

Here's to better fortune in 2009/10

Indeed it has been a roller coaster season and the last few weeks have been particularly disappointing considering all the hard work that has been going on off the pitch!

I would like to take this opportunity of thanking all our loyal fans who do so much behind the scenes from manning turnstiles, cleaning changing rooms, emptying litter bins, clearing up rubbish, running raffles, organising fund-raising events, selling souvenirs, helping out with general work on the ground - but most of all following us through thick and (mostly) thin!

Rest assured the directors still have the ambition to bring success to the field of dreams and the work behind the scenes will carry on.

The only think we can't do is guarantee what happens on the pitch - no one can do that.

Lets all enjoy the trip to Harrogate on Saturday, the presentation night on Friday May 8th and next season will be here before you know it! :D

whether that be in the north or south division!! :roll:

Rumour has it in North as the league tries to avoid continually switching clubs, but of course it all depends on who comes up and down. It may work out that we have to go back south, but personally I don't think we will. At the moment the bottom 4 in the Prem are Prescot, Leigh, Witton and Whitby and it seems likely to stay that way, however Cammell Laird have been told they will be relegated, pending an appeal, for failing to complete stipulated ground grading criteria.

So as it stands Prescot and Leigh would probably go north with Lairds (possibly) & Witton south. Whitby would be reprieved. Of course Lairds could go north and some one could get moved south instead (possibly Woodley as they escaped the shift last time)

Market Drayton have been confirmed as champions of Midland Alliance and I suspect will take a place in Div 1 South as that is in North Shropshire. That will leave the Counties Champions/runners up in North, either AFC Fylde (to North)or New Mills(could go either way), NCE in to South (looks like Mickleover Sports which is in Derby). Looks like no club coming up from Northern League as only Dunston applied and they can't finish higher than third (not sufficient normally but they may get dispensation to get the league number back up).

There is also the chance the league could still be short on numbers next season. I imagine Chasetown may also be switched from Southern Midland Div to UniBond South as it is already north of some of our existing clubs