WWW 10 years on!

Gary

warrington-worldwide website is 10-years-old this month - the first independent online newspaper in mainland UK!

Any reader feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated as we endeavour to continually develop our local news and information service - as well as providing a discussion forum which is often the talk of the town! :wink:

The magazine edition is 10 years-old in September when we will make a little more fuss about this milestone! (or should that be millstone! :lol: )

Now that?s not very nice Wolfie is it?

I say that any business large or small that can just survive for 10 years these days must be doing something right so I think congratulations are called for rather than rude remarks.

Well done Gary and to all the team who help run the show.

Bill :)

Now that?s not very nice Wolfie is it?

I say that any business large or small that can just survive for 10 years these days must be doing something right so I think congratulations are called for rather than rude remarks.

Well done Gary and to all the team who help run the show.

Bill :)

Thanks Bill,

don't worry about you know who :wink:

We have actually been in business for more than 40 years - but only the past 10 on the web - which is probably the biggest source of feedback from readers and advertisers these days - although it is still the magazines which generate the most revenue.

If we relied on the hard cash generated by the website we would have given up the ghost years ago!

Mind you we also get a lot of fun from it keeping others on their toes! :wink:

10 years already. wonder when you started this venture if you had doubts about whether it would last a year. :shock:

congratulations to all who helped to make it the success it is. 8)

It was always going to be a long term project which is why it took nine years before we invested in the development!

I'll answer that one for Gary!

Unfortunately we do not have the very first pages. But I think we do have some very early ones which I am going to search out.

We brought forward the launch date to coincide with the Business Connections exhibition and, as a result, the very first page was a somewhat rushed affair. But it did contain a report on the previous night's meeting of the borough council. The late Dr Barbara Mawer, who was leader of the Lib Dem Group on the council at the time was the first to respond to it by emailing that she had made the site one of her "favourites" and that the report was "very fair and accurate."

We hope we still are!

You're right, Bill. And Airfix soldiers too!

But the answer to the question is: We were a news and picture agency supplying news and photographs to the national and regional press, radio, TV, etc. We still are - but there isn't much call for regional news from those media these days, which is why we started our own publications.

In the late Sixties and early Seventies we also published an earlier Warrington magazine, a copy of which someone on this forum unearthed some months ago.

But if you want your story on the front page of The Sun or The Times, we're still the people to deal with! Forget Max Clifford!

• 2 months later...

As it been that long !!!!!! I do not mean how long www been going. its how long patty back times been ..lol you know I cant help it Gary,

but well done to all staff of www for the good work over the passed 10 plus years .

Plus also Gary how is your back with all the pats its geting its no wonder you have not got a humped back yet!

You know I just can not pass up these with out a comment but well done to all the staff and tell Paul nope just because your getting good replies ?he cant have a pay rise? or come out of the broom cubby-hole he works in