Pot hole - waiting list?

observer

call the council about the pot hole in question and ask about who to contact for a compensation claim for damages. it will be filled in quicker than you can take a picture of it. :roll::lol:

i know as i once had a problem when going over a pothole when going to victoria park. it was that deep that the car bounced and my exhaust was damaged. the following da i called the council and after a short conversation was advised to get a picture of the offending pothole. that was at nine am in the morning. by the time i had sorted out a replacement exhaust and then gone to take a picture it had been filled in. that was at half eleven the same morning.

maybe it could be a job for all these people who are supposed to do community service. go round and fill in all the potholes.. gets the holes filled, gets the offenders out in the fresh air and teaches them a useful skill for their cv. :twisted:

Yes and it is a long one. I understand the backlog is many years.....but extra money has been made available and progess is being made.

Who do we contact with regards to compensation claims for car damage Paul?... just so we know!!

Explain this than, I drove down Myddleton Road earlier on my way back from from Winwick and they were PAINTING the road sign in white. Great you may say but this is one of the most POT HOLED roads in the whole (hole) of Warrington.

What good is painting the central white lines and SLOW signs OVER the pot holes is this a new sort of paint that fills in the cracks. If it is then you will be able to make a fortune as it will be worth it's weight in GOLD.

Hopefully I'll be back and driving soon as you can see I lost control as I turned into the narrow section of Delph lane after the rain this morning. :oops::cry::evil:

pot_hole_jeep.jpg

Bazj alway's nit picking :wink: , actually the fir trees are quite tall especially at the narrow bit where you have to close your eyes and breathe in so that two cars can pass.

My 2nd ever car was a left hand drive. I think it was built for the Canadian market. It really used to confuse people when my passengers put their hands in the air, especially when we were turning left or right. 'What no hands and no steering wheel' :D

having a funny thought this morning after trolling youtube.the other day came across the three yorkshiremen sketch by monty python.

"pot hole i used to dream of living in a pot hole" and then had to smile at the title of the post and wondered how many people were on the waiting list for pot holes :lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone wishing to report a pothole, or check the status of one already reported can go to www.fillthathole.org.uk

Here you can report a pothole and this is then passed on to the local authority. from that point on they have a duty to asess and fix the hole if required. If they do not then there is evidence of them receiving notification.

The site has been set up by CTC the national cycling organisation for use by all road users whether they be cyclists, pedestrians or motorists.

Best regards

Rod

That's quite good actually :wink::D

I was going to enter all the ones I drive over every morning on the way to school but they are already on. Just a pity that the 'people' round here who fix them have only managed to put white markings around them so far eh :wink:

They might be embarrased enought into fixing them sooner now we can search and track their progress via the site :D8)

Would imagine potholes or uneven surfaces on public pavements are looked at just as seriously if not more so. After all we do live in a society where we are constantly reminded about 'having an accident trip/b] or fall thats not your fault................' :wink::roll: