Padgate Community High to Lysander High School

Joanna King

I attend the last year of Padgate Highschool, and personally, I don't think the name or uniform should change. The main reason that has been forwarded to the students was because Woolston is shutting, they won't want to come to a high school called Padgate as it isn't a woolston school and would feel as if they couldn't learn as much there :? Thats not an excuse at all. If thats what people think, then they just don't go Padgate, or just stuck it up and deal, but I know plenty of people you attend Woolston Primary's and still went on to Padgate. They can change the name and uniform, but it will still always be Padgate at heart, and theres nothing they can do to change that.

And, we're in the middle of the credit cruch; I highly doubt that parents want to pay at least ?35 (but more than likley more) on a new school uniform when the one they have now could easily last for another year. And the uniform is so different, they don't sell yellow shirts like that in most school shops, maybe one or two, meaning they will be more expensive than normal shirts, and will have to buy the clothes from school, which from my own experiance, is embarrassing.

Padgate is not a broken school as we keep being told, and is fine how it is and shouldn't be changed this year. Maybe, in a couple of years when the "cruch" is over, but not now.

aaaaaaaaaghhhhh - another school uniform issue!!!

Only joking 101 padd - welcome to the forum - and can i suggest that if there is an action group that you contact us via garys@warrington-worldwide.co.uk and I will take up your fears and views with the school.

:shock::shock:

Padgate's new uniform consists of a blazer with yellow piping... :shock: guess Lymm and Padgate are to use the same new supplier :wink:

I agree with 101padd though... people who already know Padgate High School as it is will always refer to it as Pagdate High rather than Lysander. Just as I still refer to Bridgewater High as Broomfields or Broomies :oops:

May the two names happily go side by side for evermore just like they have at Broomies :lol:

Dis, are you saying nothing must change because people are comfortable? :?

No :?:?

I said

people who already know Padgate High School as it is will always refer to it as Pagdate High rather than Lysander. Just as I still refer to Bridgewater High as Broomfields or Broomies

and I also said

May the two names happily go side by side for evermore just like they have at Broomies

I never said 'nothing should change because people are comfortable'... they are your words :P