Rossendale v Warrington Town 7.45pm Tuesday 31st March Live

I have never witnessed such a biased display by a referee before. The lads had no chance against a team of 12 when one had the whistle. Absolutely appauled.

Even one of Rossendales stewards agreed that the Ref was C**P.

Ian

I have never witnessed such a biased display by a referee before. The lads had no chance against a team of 12 when one had the whistle. Absolutely appauled.

Even one of Rossendales stewards agreed that the Ref was C**P.

Ian

Although I was not at this game I don't think the ref would have been biased - at this level some of them are simply not up to the task in hand.

While semi-pro players have improved their fitness and ability over the years - I don't think the same can be said of the refs.

I have seen some absolutely appalling decisions for and against Warrington this year!

An unblinkered a view as I can posisbly give regarding the referee.

Overall he did not get that much wrong, but when it went against us for very marginal decisions it costs us dearly.

The only really controvesial points were the two disallowed goals, the first of which was particularly harsh. Tom Lamb executed an overhaead kick to perfection to find the bottom corner of the net. His foot was high, but given the nearest defender was a yard and a half away in no way was it dangerous, and on another day a differeent ref would have given it. The angle the ref viwed it from may not have helped. Being in line may have mede the defender look nearer the shot than he actually was. Even the Rossy keeper admitted there was nothing really wrong with this.

The same can be said of the second goal regarding referee positioning. Two players jumped for the ball side by side. There was minimal contact at the most. It was just what you get when jumping but the ref saw it as a push. Again you can see why he thought it might have been, but it was harsh on us.

Rossendale had a goal disallowed for offside but there can be no questioning that decision, In fact it was whistled for before the ball was put in the net.

The bookings and sendings off were pretty much deserved, in fact one booking could possibly have been imstantly worse. The exception was Joey Dunn's dismissal. The referee insisted he sit in the dug out rather than stand in the technical area (admittedly following a few words) which Joey quite rightly pointed out he did not have to do (providing only two standing in technical area). Ref not having any of it was then put into an impossible position when he was told it was a load of bollo***, even though it really was (but dissent is dissent).

The play at the beginning of the second half warranted us going three down - we were not at the races at all.

We came cloee to an equaliser and a draw would probably have been a fair result.

One of those nights. The win may well secure Rossy's place at the expense of Salford, who were also present in some numbers. Ten point gap and games running out for Salford may to a bridge too far.

Back to the drawing board on Saturday at Newcastle, whose form has also dipped slightly of late.

At least we are safe from the drop much earlier than in recent seasons

Overall he did not get that much wrong, but when it went against us for very marginal decisions it costs us dearly.

WE, I`ll say it cost us dearly, 3-0 at half time would have put a totally different perspective on the second half play. Perhaps my suggestion of biased was a little OTT and my passion running away with me but I cant agree when you say `Overall he didnt get much wrong`. Disallowing 2 goals alone I would consider as getting plenty wrong particularly when it is a game where goals are the deciding factor in which team wins a game.

Cheers

Ian