Jade Goody

de-stress

I feel sorry that Jade Goody has died in as much as I feel sorry for anyone who dies, especially at such a young age. That she made her name for her coarseness and lack of intellect is, really, incidental. It's just a pity that we are seeing the beginnings of unhealthy, misplaced, demented grieving by certain factions of the public. There are already shades of the Diana syndrome there.

I was amused, last week, to read a comment by Anne Widdicombe who had met her a couple of years ago. Jade, apparently, asked Miss Widdicombe if she had been nervous of meeting her because, she said, "I'm an A-List celebrity." :roll:

I feel desperately sorry for Jade's family now but just because I feel as though I know her. I would feel the same about anyone I knew.

Some of the Internet fora leave me dumbfounded. They are calling for a postumous MBE and a state funeral.

That brought me up short and really brought home the state of the 'celeb' culture in the country.

Must admit I find it hard to believe that some people are now suggesting a state funeral or an MBE.

Like I've already said I have no problem with the way that she chose to battle against her ilness in the public eye as it was her choice and her wish... but as has already been said many many others unfortunatley have also been dealt the same awful fate.

From what I've seen of her on TV, which isn't much really, I'd doubt she would want a state funeral or MBE anyway.

Her family should now be left alone now as Jade's final wishes have been fulfilled and they stood by what she wanted... now they should be allowed to grieve in private and Jade should be allowed to rest in peace.

The memory of her should be without criticism or ridicule for the sake of her two little boys and the rest of her her family who will be the ones who really miss her :cry:

Photos of the nuptials are to be printed in OK! magazine, which along with television deals are believed to have earned Goody $1.4 million

Her first foray into the spotlight was in 2002, when she lost at strip poker on Britain's version of "Big Brother." She went on to write her autobiography, star in fitness videos, release a perfume and appear on "Celebrity Big Brother," where she was accused of racism and bullying a Bollywood star, Shilpa Shetty.

her home ?300,000 house in Ongar, Essex.

Big Brother house. Jade Goody was reviled by the media as an evil ?face of hate?, while her co-conspirators were ?bitches on heat?. Gordon Brown, in India, endorsed Shilpa, 50 MPs signed an early-day motion, and the Sun hailed Jade?s eviction as ?the most important [ballot] since the general election?.

There is something unsettling about all this outrage. The Ofcom report, measured as it is, hints at what one TV executive calls ?regulation by public relations?. More importantly, it soothes people into believing that no right-thinking Briton will tolerate a whiff of racism. The 44,500 viewers who objected to Channel 4 can be assured that such a horror will never be repeated.

The hit series dominated headlines in Britain and India this week after former dental nurse Jade Goody and other contestants ganged up on Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty, calling her "the Indian" and "Poppadom" and saying "She should @@@@ off home".

Goody regularly appears in celebrity, trivia, and gossip-oriented magazines such as heat and OK! and has earned an estimated ?1.5 million fortune from other reality shows.

She finished 2002 being voted 4th worst person in Britain in the poll 100 Worst Britons. However, by 2006 Goody ranked #25 in a poll by Heat for the most influential person in the world, although when she mentioned this fact on Celebrity Big Brother 2007 she mispronounced "Influential" and admitted that did not know the meaning of the word.

By 2007, when she made her second visit to the Big Brother house on Celebrity Big Brother (alongside her surgically-enhanced mother Jackie), Jade Goody had become, by her own account, "the most 25th inferlential person in the world" and a bona fide celebrity. She was said to be worth ?2-4 million, was the proud owner of three "footballers' wives" style homes, a ?60,000 turbo-charged Range Rover and was the "author" of a best-selling autobiography.

NOW I WOUNDER WHAT WOULD THE CHILDREN IN CARE DO WITH THAT MONEY

state funeral or MBE........... MY A@@@

Times:

"The life of Jade Goody, the reality television star who died on Sunday, could be turned into a film, her friends said yesterday. Meanwhile, publishers scrambled to bring out books about the former Big Brother contestant.

While the life of the 27-year-old may have passed by anyone who did not watch the Channel 4 reality show or failed to pick up OK! magazine, her death from cervical cancer has attracted huge interest and, perhaps inevitably, growing tension over the scramble to profit from her story."