Global Warming or Not

Lt Kije

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baz

Some so called experts are saying there was no holocaust, do you beleive them :?:

You are now beginning to look silly while trying to defend your feeble arguments.

How can you be an expert in "no holocausts"? or even a holocaust expert? Most of the holocaust deniers are anti-Semitic Nazi sympathizers and an expert in nothing.

However, a scientist is a scientist and a totally different creature as they work (supposedly) on the examination of facts and hypothesis. As I said though, when all of the scientists agree that global warming is actually happening as a consequence of what man is doing, I may well listen but they don't. There are eminent scientists who say it is a natural occurrence that we can do nothing to slow, stop or reverse and they are studying the same facts as the ones who say it is happening.

Put it like this: If I was a professor of "Colours" and I told you that the red circle is actually blue and another equally qualified professor of colours told you it was red, who would you believe? But then think if everywhere you looked, on the media and newspapers, that the whole of the western world were printing my argument that the coloured circle was actually blue, you may begin to think it really was.... however, somewhere in the background a little voice still keeps on that it is really red.... who do

No body in the East is the slighteset bit bothered about global warming. What about their scientists? What are they saying? Are they ALL of the opinion that the world is doomed like you seem to think we are?

Are you talking Newcastle in the East of England or places like the maldives and Bangladesh?

The Republic of Maldives was one of the first countries to recognize the danger of rising sea levels. It's also one of the first to come up with a plan to adapt to a warmer world......

Azeez Abdul Azeez Hakim runs a marine research lab on the island of Vabbinfaru in the Maldives. He says that as polar ice melts, "this water has to go somewhere, and there is no way that we can prevent this water coming into the Indian Ocean, into the Maldives."

Whilst in Bangladesh

Bangladesh, a nation of 140 million people beset by poverty and the floods of the rivers, and now also affected by rising sea level. Gary Braasch visited to document this threat, traveling by boat south from Dhaka and speaking to villagers, fishermen, and scientists. Already a million people a year are displaced by loss of land along rivers, and indications are this is increasing. Villagers spoke of losing a town mosque to unexpectedly fast erosion, even in a time of good weather in the dryer season. The one meter sea level rise generally predicted if no action is taken about global warming will inundate more than 15 percent of Bangladesh, displacing more than 13 million people and cut into the crucial rice crop. Intruding water will damage the Sundarbans mangrove forest, a world heritage site. Read the report here.

I think that this shows great concern.

When every eminent scientist in the world tells me that driving my three and a half liter is wrong and damaging to the environment, I'll get a bike. Until then, stuff 'em because they are all talking nonsense

This is why I asked you about the holocaust, you can always find someone some where who will agree with you, there are some so called experts to deny it happened. There are now more scientists than not who agree that global warming is happening than not. While people like you sit in your 3.5 liter car with there head in the sand, just how many scientists would we need to get you out 70% 80% 90% or 100%, you are global warming's version of a holocaust denier :wink:

But Geoff.... they are just stories about rising sea levels and the like brought about by climate change. The big argument is not that something is happening; but the division amongst scientists is whetehr mankind can do anything to stop it and whether riding bikes instead of driving X5's will make any difference.

It is all well and good for the likes of you to come on here scaremongering but if there is nothing we can do, there is nothing we can do.... period.

The Maldives as you say; are adapting to a warmer world.... they are not stopping driving cars or burning logs. That bloke with a name you have probably made up because no way is that a real name, states that the polar ice is melting, well we know that, but as Asp has already says, it is also freezing again too!!

As for Bangladesh and Gary Braasch, Braasch is a environmental photojournalist not a scientist so with all due respect, what the hell does he know? Why don't we ask PJ Callands, cos he takes good photos too, but I bet he isn't an eminent global warming scientist is he?

Now go away and find me real preoof that there is something we can do about it Geoff and I might sell my Merc on Monday morning!!

When every eminent scientist in the world tells me that driving my three and a half liter is wrong and damaging to the environment, I'll get a bike. Until then, stuff 'em because they are all talking nonsense

This is why I asked you about the holocaust, you can always find someone some where who will agree with you, there are some so called experts to deny it happened. There are now more scientists than not who agree that global warming is happening than not. While people like you sit in your 3.5 liter car with there head in the sand, just how many scientists would we need to get you out 70% 80% 90% or 100%, you are global warming's version of a holocaust denier :wink:

Sgt, you are twisting things again, no one is denying that the Earth is warming up. What the scientists are at loggerheads about is whether it is a natural or manmade ocurrance and whether we can do anything to stop it or slow it down. So far there is no concrete proof either way otherwise ALL scientists would agree because the facts would be there for all to agree on.

Geoff once again you are taking a one sided look at things.

Have a look at http://tinyurl.com/deexf2 and see if you believe a journalist's word that sea levels are rising in the Maldives, or photographic evidence that they aren't. Also note the attempt by warmists to hide the evidence by destroying the tree. Very green that!! :wink:

It isn't a matter of what scientists believe, science is not about belief, it's about reality. This is why the global warming / climate change lobby is more like a religion than sensible discussion. And why the ridiculous Pen Hadow and his chums are freezing their nuts off in the Arctic but believe it is semi tropical. The "scientists" who are pushing the "man-made climate change" scenario are relying on computer models that have been shown time and time again to be seriously flawed. As an example according to computer modelling global warming caused by man made CO2 emissions should be leaving a "fingerprint" in the form of a hot spot in the upper troposphere, but this hasn't happened. According to computer models the global temperature should be rising in line with increasing CO2, it isn't rising at all. When these "experts" come up with scientific proof of what they're postulating, then perhaps we can agree with what they're saying. Until then it's all speculation and scare mongering. :wink::wink::wink:

Look Baz old mate your sounding a bit like a creationalist. Nothing I can say or do will persuade you one iota and we both know that don't we?

I don't think that there are many Jags on the Maldives and I gave mine up over 18 months ago and vowed not to own one. I do beg & borrow on occasions so I am guilty as the rest for my contribution, although I do use and find public transport not too bad although I do have to plan my journey's more and put up with catching the flu more than I used to but we all have to make sacrifices.

As for scare mongering Nature will win in the end as Darwin theorised but only after it has experienced a vast amount of knock out punches - as for mankind well the jury is well and truly out but gradually sinking under the rising tide. :( Maybe our ancestors will end up under the sea or on the top of what are now mountain peak in caves living a life that we can't even begin to imagine.