Oh, No!

Sheila_P

Me too...so grateful the train fare was beyond a poor old flatulent like myself.60-8 is a a disgrace against a team which has only been going five minutes and must cost a fraction of the cost of running the Warrington team. Everybody knows the root cause of the team's problems and that's the nocturnal habits of the players. I, along with a lot of supporters could take the management of the club to various watering holes in Warrington, Wigan and Billinge and show them the culprits. It's been going on for so long now it will be very difficult to stop but stop it must. Also there are certain players in the comfort zone and display little or no interest at times. Drastic measures need to be taken and I for one would only retain around six of the present first team squad and give the rest their marching orders. Yes, I know it will be expensive but it has to be done for the sake of the club. Supporters are staying away in droves and those who have stayed away, myself included, are accused of not being REAL supporters. Oh yes we are, quite a lot of us have been supporting the club for decades but aren't prepared to be put through torment on a weekly basis. The shake out has to be done as soon as possible if the club isn't to sink into oblivion. The list below would be my priority for the chop, in descending order.

(1) Monaghan(has done precisely nothing since he was signed)

(2) Briers(shadow of his former self been a good servant to the club but should now be put out to grass)

(3) King(as Monaghan,done nowt and seems to think he's on holiday)

(4) Both Andersons(their reputation of being top players not deserved on their displays for the club)

(5) Grix(not top notch too prone to injury)

(6) Reardon(ditto, is he still a registered player ?)

(7) Johnson(living on the GB display years ago)

(8) Gleeson(he'll be gone at the end of the season so might as well be gone now, he's puffing like an old man after ten minutes into matches anyway, I wonder just why that is?)

What's left would be the nucleus of my team along with the kids from the reserves, they may lack the alleged class of the above but they'd run themselves into the ground for the club.

Ray French's radio comments after the match referred to the players cooling down infront of clench fisted supporters angry at the non performance.

He then went on to say that there good reasons why they weren't going down the tunnel to the changing rooms to face the boss.

We've just taken a call from someone at the match who said that the supporters were trying to get on the pitch to have a chat with the players about their performance.

Maybe he should strip the team down to the basics and start again from scratch.

Whatever is wrong is not going to take a sticking plaster to fix maybe the odd cast or two BUT certainly some major heart surgery or a couple of heart and mind transplants.

If the team don't want to be playing to an empty stadium then they had better decide who they are playing for, fans, team mates etc and do they want paying at the end of the week?

As its Easter in a few weeks maybe they should be paid in chocolate buttons but not very many.

As PJ says they won't get relegated this season so drastic action can be taken I'm sure that Smithy has the nerve, experience and passion to do what is required.

I have just read in a Sunday newspaper that Matt King made obscene gestures to fans chanting he was not fit to wear the shirt - if you are paid ?250k a season to perform - and you don't perform to expectations you have to take the rough with the smooth - the rough is insults the smooth is the biggest pay cheque a Warrington player has ever had - for doing very little.

Time to move on and spend the money more wisely - over to you Tony Smith!

King should try being Gary Neville at Anfield who not only gets verbal abuse but gets spat on when taking throw-ins...He should try being Ronaldo almost everywhere he goes..Since his Southport incident Steve Gerard has had some horrendous chanting and abuse, but do these players resort to obscene gestures ? Of course they don't, it would be counter productive. Perhaps King felt aggrieved he was getting the verbals because he was playing on the wing and could have little influence over the debacle happening on the pitch. Then he should ask himself the question why he was playing on the wing. In my view Tony Smith played him on the wing because out there he could do least damage considering his rather eccentric positional play when he was centre and getting Kevin Penny the chop.

King should try being Gary Neville at Anfield who not only gets verbal abuse but gets spat on when taking throw-ins...He should try being Ronaldo almost everywhere he goes..Since his Southport incident Steve Gerard has had some horrendous chanting and abuse, but do these players resort to obscene gestures ? Of course they don't, it would be counter productive. Perhaps King felt aggrieved he was getting the verbals because he was playing on the wing and could have little influence over the debacle happening on the pitch. Then he should ask himself the question why he was playing on the wing. In my view Tony Smith played him on the wing because out there he could do least damage considering his rather eccentric positional play when he was centre and getting Kevin Penny the chop.

Whilst I agree in essence with what you say I do think you could have picked better examples to prove your point. Ronaldo was given a EUFA ban for making obscene gestures at Benfica fans and Neville was found guilty of an improper conduct charge following his decision to race 50 yards towards the visiting section of the ground and subsequently fined. :wink:

Thank god Liverpool beat United 4-1 at old Trafford to soften the blow for those of us who support the Wire and Liverpool!

My OH supports Man U and Warrington.

He was great fun to be around yesterday!

Well now he knows how I normally feel - and if Warrington Town lose as well it hurts even more!

Yo Gary, I have just been informed that you gave a talk on Warrington Town Football Club.

How did it go? :wink:

If you mean - I stressed the need for there to be a football development officer in Warrington :roll: witht he knock on effect of promoting health and well being in the local community.

Matt King has now made a formal apology about the incident on Saturday.

Well written and seemed very genuine too.

Started a new topic on this issue Sheila - don't be afraid to press the new topic button as I nearly missed you comment! :oops: