Ideal picnic food

Tilly

Having mentioned the 7.52 Glasgow to Penzanze and sometimes having to make long train journeys I thought it would be interesting to find what are peoples favourite picnic foods etc, I know if I use a train I don't like the stuff you can buy on board and am a firm fan of picnic's even when it only involves winding a window down and looking at the view, although that may just be a British thing.

I think sitting in the car and winding the window down comes from us having naff weather in this country especially on bank hols, but I know I wasn't the only one when I was younger taken out for the day and when we got there is was pouring down and so we made the best of it and had lunch in the car.

Maybe you're right and it doesn't count as a picnic, I'l check my dictionary ..... :roll:

My fave picnic is: some french bread - a bit of good mustard and some nice white cheese - and either ice tea or water. Great for the beach, a park or just anytime, for me.

Gre up doing picnics and we always had - potato salad, cold fried chicken and fruit!!

• 1 year later...

side salad,bolied eggs,and cold meats and some crusty bread rolls......bottle of wine fresh orange juice...latte coffee....nice cake to follow...who cares how long the trip is hey!oh and a good book...................ive done several long plane and train journeys in my time...entertainment is vital.......... :)