Taxes

Tilly

Calm down, it's not good for your blood pressure. :roll: A whole sentence in capitals is shouting!!!

WRONG to all your questions.

But I do know that countless people do abuse the system by throwing sickies to get extra holidays. (which is another drain on the system. :roll:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you are responding to the correct thread. What in the name of.....are you on about. Is it a puzzle where I have to rearrange the words to get the message.

Are ill people lazy in your view of the world. Ah...did you work in Human Resources counting sickies maybe? What is a big NHS user? Anyone who needs more care than your fortunate self maybe...next time I see a twitching net curtain I will give you a wave.

Good to see that someone is trying to keep to the subject Father Jack. :wink::wink:

Bless you all :lol: have left you alone for a few days and you're all still at it, arguing, mis reading and misunderstanding, who ever mentioned blood pressure is right, calm down or close the topic for goodness sake or the NHS will be over loaded with all these perfect people who have never done anything wrong, who have always only ever had pure thoughts, who have always paid as much as they can into society's big melting pots and never questioned whats its spent on or batted an eye lid :roll:

I've not posted a bad post but it "seems" to have been interpreted wrongly by some, rather than let me have my opinion and then others add theirs when we could then either discusss or agree to disagree, many of you have leap on the chance to just challenge me and name call etc, its rather silly really :roll:

Stop posting, go on I dare you, go an have a brew instead or give someone you love a hug............, leave it, the NHS can't afford the fall out :wink:

Tilly only got "ganged up on " because she made a totally crass selfish statement.

It is a NATIONAL Health Service which despite it faults treats all people who are ill. Tilly would like to opt out until such time as she needs it and then opt back in.

Got it in one Eagle :lol: or was that two :wink:

Tilly only got "ganged up on " because she made a totally crass selfish statement.

It is a NATIONAL Health Service which despite it faults treats all people who are ill. Tilly would like to opt out until such time as she needs it and then opt back in.

Got it in one Eagle :lol: or was that two :wink:

Tilly, some fell on stony ground!!!

Whose turn is it next? :shock:

All makes interesing reading :lol:

So does anyone have any idea on where our Council Tax, Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Business Rates Tax and other 'Taxes' actually go (itemised of course).

Why has everyone jumped on the 'NHS contribution' point but are ignoring all the other tax contributions we have to make :?

And more to the point why is Tilly getting such a hard time over what was a very precise and straight foward original posting :?::shock:

I want to know precisely where all my contributions are going if anyone has the answer 8)

Why has everyone jumped on the 'NHS contribution' point but are ignoring all the other tax contributions we have to make :?

Because no one disagreed aboout the points regarding tax in general and wanting to know how it was spent.

The issue of concern was Tilly saying that she would prefer to 'opt out' of the NHS. :roll::roll:

Oh I see... so although everyone agrees with Tilly over the fact that we should all know where most of our taxes are going taxes this part of the discussion was immediately lost/not continued ...

but because Tilly commented that she would 'prefer' to opt out of the NHS if she could... which she cant... then we have a big 'debate' and where Tilly gets picked on :lol:

Aren't forums fun :lol::P:roll::roll:

All makes interesing reading :lol:

So does anyone have any idea on where our Council Tax, Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Business Rates Tax and other 'Taxes' actually go (itemised of course).

And more to the point why is Tilly getting such a hard time over what was a very precise and straight foward original posting :?::shock:

I want to know precisely where all my contributions are going if anyone has the answer 8)

PS - n fanks, someone wiv a bit of sense

I never said a word!! Although I would dearly like the government to be held accountable for every penny that they are wasting of our taxes. They love to call it "government money" but it isn't their money it's ours. If it was theirs you could be damn sure they wouldn't throw it around like it was going out of fashion!! :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Makes for a lively Forum though Tilly. :wink::)

The Government spends about ?620 billion a year on "public services". Given the current economic situation that figure is now dwarfed by the support it is giving...with our money...to the financial sector.

Fiscal year 2009 the Government both national and local will spend the following in ? billions:

Pensions 107

Health 111

Education 81

Defence 37

Welfare 92

Law & Order 33

Transport 20

General Government 27

Other 85

Interest 31

The UKs estimated Gross Domestic Product is ?1.4 trillion.

Oooh, thanks for that info Paul :)

Half the Council employees and that would be a saving wouldn't it.

Restructure my eye, may well be justified, but there is always I believe a hope that those staff who are half hearted or who don't pull their weight will get fed up and leave, then don't replace them and slowly but shortly the Council doesn't have as many employees and so not as many wages to pay and ideally those staff who stay are the committed ones who the Council want and need to stay, the sad thing is many of the dead wood hang in there because they would get such as good deal in the private sector and many of the high calibre, dedicated staff leave as they feel disillusioned :roll:

That's spot on Tilly.

The good guys always take the opportunity to leave and the dead -legs stay and milk the system.

I remember that we had a chance at work to get rid of the dead-legs through re-evaluation and job description change. The plan was to get rid of the dead-legs.

It didn't work. Probably because the management didn't have the bottle or knowledge to do it.

Over the years they kept coming up with voluntary redundancies, and the most experienced people were the ones to leave.

They not only reduced the wage bill, but also slowed the efficiency of the company down. :roll:

Over the years they kept coming up with voluntary redundancies, and the most experienced people were the ones to leave.

So I take it that the people who are now left working for the council are all dead legs. :?:?:?

In any situation of redundancy the people who volunteer will always be those who are more confident of finding another job, obvious and bleedin come to mind.

So I take it that the people who are now left working for the council are all dead legs. :?:?:?

In any situation of redundancy the people who volunteer will always be those who are more confident of finding another job, obvious and bleedin come to mind.

Erm..... please don't use the term "dead legs", I said dead wood and its everywhere.

Very true... which is why I eagerly offered to take voluntary redundancy from my job 10 years ago .. as did my other half :lol:

They wouldn't let me go at first but I finally managed to get them to agree :wink:

Did feel a bit guilty for a while as it took them 6 months to find someone who could do my job and in the end it cost them 4 times the hourly rate that they used to pay me :lol:

If they had paid me ?35 an hour rather than ?9 I might have considered staying :shock:8)