Seb Coe joins 2018

Geoffrey Settle

If the World Cup goes the way of the London Olympics we should not even bid. We couldn't afford it when it was the first bid went in and as time goes by it becomes more obvious that we are in deep sh!t.

Coe and Co. sold us down the river once and you want him to repeat the exercise? :evil:

I'm primarily supporting his sporting athletic, organisational and man management skills. That's what he brings to the team. Provided he remains as focused in his objectives of delivery for this country the rest will pale into history and be forgotten. I forgive him for feeling blue from time to time he can't always have a smile on his face. :wink:

coeM0708_450x300.jpg

Having just had a peek at the unfinished state of next year's final stadium, between Jo'burg and Soweto, I agree with Paul - we have a head start on venues for 2018. Not sure about Seb though - he has never had a 'proper job' and secured the Olympcs bid on misinformation as to the true costs of delivering the event - too many 'jobs for the boys' - Jon Edwards and Clive Woodward etc. on overpaid consultancies and salaries.

Pedro get off your bum and join him he needs your help. You must have been to every venue probably Winter as well.

You get my vote

pedro_patch.jpg

I have to disagree with you about securing the bid as not being a propper job. To have pulled the Olympic Bid off he worked extremely hard pulling it all together, he gained a great deal of experience. Yes made some mistakes. But who doesn't that's how you learn and improve.

Good to hear from you. I got my knee cartilage shaved two weeks ago and did a 2 mile jog yesterday for the first time in fourteen months my painful limp has gone.

Why don't you give Seb a call and offer to help?

Nice to hear you are keeping moving Geoff - avoid the roads and find some nice park and woodland paths with a softer surface.

I hear Seb has signed up all the volunteers he needs for 2012 - when I referred to a 'proper job' I was referring to his qualification of a degree in engineering and his role as personal trainer to Hague.

Seb Coe has joined the 2018 World Cup Bid team, as someone who is a winner things are looking up. :D
Couldn't agree less. This is the guy who wants a Team GB at the Olympics, but has now thrown his weight behind an English World Cup bid.

He lost all credibility by his attempts which are still ongoing to railroad and ignore the football associations express wishes that there should be no team GB, to try to boost a false sense of interest in the Olympics from the UK population.