Have we any Twitter fans?

Geoffrey Settle

• 2 weeks later...

I have succumbed and signed up for twitter - Sheila it has been watching you already and i didn't do anything!!! :shock:

I did this on the strength of someone saying it would be good for business.

Hopefully I can retire next year! :wink:

So the Rock God has a Blog, this site, Facebook and Twitters to follow what he's doing. :D

He'll be blogging about Warrington Worldwide on Facebook whilst twittering away...confused :wink: Now how do I find what he's twittering about :?:

It's ok I'm now 1 of only three followers of Gary :D

Gary are you following Larnce Armstrong on your bike? He'd better watch out :wink:

How many are you stalking? It's pretty reciprocal.

I like it for the news updates and the twitters from Warrington Wolves.

If you use Tweetdeck you can do regular searches. For example, I have Warrington as a search, which is how I found your Dad. I can also see the people who mention Warrington Wolves and got to know about the Mills and Boon event at Bank Quay - not that I went :wink:

There are regular updates on the trains into and out of Warrington.

That's just an example of one search.

If you were to have an account called Warrington Worldwide and linked to your daily articles you'd probably get more followers and hits for your site.

I hope I'm correct in thinking that hits on your site means money for you?

The more visitors we get, the more people endorse our products the more business we can generate.

It actually costs us money in bandwidth charges when more people visit the site.

Unfortunately the advertising doesn't yet come any where near covering the amount of time and effort which goes into paying for the service - but it is getting there and has become a very well known brand now - 10 years old next month! :D

The more visitors we get, the more people endorse our products the more business we can generate.

It actually costs us money in bandwidth charges when more people visit the site.

Unfortunately the advertising doesn't yet come any where near covering the amount of time and effort which goes into paying for the service - but it is getting there and has become a very well known brand now - 10 years old next month! :D

Does that mean you have been running the Warr WW business for the last 10 years at a loss Gary :shock:

Oooh what does your bank manager think.... :lol::P

I'm beginning to lose faith with twitter!!

I am registered in my own name - yet when I search for me I don't exist.

I have done a warrington-worldwide page and again it doesn't exist when you search for the phrase warrington or warrington-worldwide or even user name warringtonworld

I am told that my own email doesn't exist - and yet it clealrly does - and despite reporting the problems a week ago no one from twitter has responded.

The fact it has so many flaws means it has little chance of surviving against things like this forum and facebook and all the other social networking websites like myspace and bebo e.t.c.

Just a suggestion to get around this situation.

Download Tweetdeck and set up permanent search for Warrington. If I remember correctly it returned 64 instances of the word Warrington, a lot of them referring to the match.

If you were to follow those people, they would most probably follow you in return.

Once they are following you they will see everything you say and will probably visit the WW site, especially when they know you get exclusive video interviews.

If you decide to download Tweetdeck and need a bit of initial help with it, give me a shout.