Have we any Twitter fans?

Geoffrey Settle

Just signed up to twitter but not sure how useful it will become.

What do you think of it?

I use it Geoff, it's good fun. It depends upon who you follow how much fun it is. Phillip Schofield's a laugh. He's mad about Twitter.

You can follow me if you like but I've not posted much since last week.

http://www.twitter.com/sheila_p0

Psssst, don't ask Gary :)

Thanks Shiela_P I've snippered a number of the people/organisations that you are following and added them to my site.

How do you know if the sites are real, obviously the Alan Carr ones are very camp but is it him? And Jimmy Carr is visitin the Parr Hall soon so maybe we can ask him about his act during his Q&A sesion if he has one. :lol:

What do you think of it?

I use it Geoff, it's good fun. It depends upon who you follow how much fun it is. Phillip Schofield's a laugh. He's mad about Twitter.

facebook is bad enough without twittering as well - I only manage to update my blog once or twice a month!

Someone's set up a site called Valebrity. They verify people through their agents.

Jeremy Clarkson is thought to be a fake, as are Richard Madely and Judy Finnigan. 'Richard Madely', is hilarious though. I keep him there for the fun factor.

If you are following Schofe, you should also follow xxandip. They have good chats sometimes.

Will Carling is on there and gives commentary during the internationals!

You seem to be missing Stephen Fry, whose Tweets are interesting and informative.

Some 'celebs' just post things and don't interract with anyone, so I tend to remove them after a while. They become boring.

There are chefs on there, if you are into food.

The Superleague and Liverpool ones are great. They harvest all the headlines from the national papers and provide links. Saves me trawling through the papers :)

What do you think of it?

facebook is bad enough without twittering as well - I only manage to update my blog once or twice a month!

LOL, I knew you'd bite.

*Running*

I'm not sure if you can stalk without permission - but you can see the potential hazzards - perhaps more so than other chat rooms.

Unfortunately, it is possible to stalk if you wanted to. You can simply follow the RSS feed without being a follower or followee.

Does anyone know how vulnerable people are protected?

They don't sign up to Twitter in the first place...? :shock:

I was sceptical of Twitter myself until I joined up at the beginning of the year - a lot of my professional peers were using it, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something. It's interesting. You can blog about things without having to be good at blogging.

is this some kind of legalised stalking??? :wink::twisted:

It feels a bit like that at first, especially when following well known people who don't have a clue who you are.

Luckily for me, a number of people from a forum I use are on there and we have an unofficial reciprocal arrangement. That made it easier for me to feel involved, rather than feel stalkerish.

Just received an email about my 2nd follower and they have a link to Warrington World Wide and the kissing story on the front page, At this rate I'm sure that Gary will be signing up. :wink: Actually just realised the id is the same id as he uses on www :D

Dare me to sidle up to him and mention it to him again, if I spot him at the match?

Better take my dark glasses with me so that I can stay incognito until I'm right beside him. They'll also come in handy if he pokes me in the eye.

Hehe :twisted::twisted:

What concerns me a bit, Jimmy, is that some people are actually away from home for a period and are Tweeting from wherever they are. I cringe every time they say where they are or where they are going.

I just hope there is someone looking after their homes for them whilst they are away.