Agency Workers?

observer

Are you saying Asperity that the Tory Party are for giving more rights to workers :wink:

I think you will find they have been against any legislation that has increased workers rights, The position we are in now where it is cheaper for a multi national to lay off British workers other than people from other Countries is Tory Legislation put though under Maggie, when she was trying to tempt inward investment. What a short memory you have. The Labour party are sleazy but they have a long way to go before they get to the depth the Tory's got to, with there Trusty Sword of Truth what a star Mr Aitken was :wink:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One can expect, thus accept, that Tories are all about the exploitation of labour and a dog eat dog society - that's the nature of the beast. :shock: BUT: we've had in effect a Tory Government with liberal tendencies, in power for the past decade - sucking up "the city" financiers, who have now repaid them in spades. :shock: Ensuring little or no protection for workers (hence this agency scam), whilst allowing any and all to enter the UK as cheap labour - now it's beginning to backfire on them, they are timidly trying to adjust the immigration rules, as they see the public have started to vote for the BNP. :shock::wink:

and the sleaze and theft from the Brussels masters will outway both of them put together ten times over.

I see we are still going down the old "Blame it all on Maggie" stance again. Why don't we go the whole hog and blame Ted Heath or even MacMillan. That Churchill was a nasty piece of work too.... a bit of a war monger by all accounts; maybe we could blame him for the treatment we get from Europe?

Now as I have said before, of course Bliar and the one eyed idiot have had over a decade to change the course and they have done jack.... so obviously things weren't quite as bad as some may like to make out.

And as for dog eat dog.... dead right. Why should I have to pay my taxes and VAT and god knows what else I get lumbered with, just so some 15 year old scrubber can have kids on benefits? Why should I have to pay if some low life chav wants to sit at home all day and watch daytime TV and deal drugs from his council flat?

This country stinks and the current lot and even the Tories will not sort it out until they scrap the benefits system completely and start again and only hand it out to those that really need it

Rant over.... back to work

Observer

I completly Agree :wink:

Asperity

Do you want to match Tory Sleaze with Labour sleaze, I think you will loose :wink:

Mandelson wins hands down single handedly when it comes to sleaze, never mind Haine and the rest of the crooks we have in government. I'm not saying the Tories are guilt free, they are politicians after all, but they have some way to go to catch up with Nuliebour 8)8)

As I said: if one expects sleaze and corruption from the Conservatives, it comes as no surprise - as that is the nature of the beast - a gang of Alan Bstards! :shock: But when you get NuLab, with pretensions to being "whiter than white", up to every money grabbing trick in the book, it destroys any political credibility they may have had, and leaves the Plebs with no alternative but to vote for extremes or don't bother at all - something we'll see in the Euro-Elections. :shock: Baz: whilst I have no time for the slappers and chavs; the reality is; that if they are not paid "danegeld" in the form of "benefits"; you'll see the crime rate explode and it would cost more to keep 'em in prison. :roll::wink:

I might be wrong but I don't think any labour Mp has been to prison for there misdeeds :wink:

Don't get me wrong Asperity I am not a big fan of our present government, I just think the Tories were worse, The longer any one government is in power the worse they get.They get used to the power. In my opinion any government should have 2 terms maximum :wink:

So if the Tories were worse, then in your opinion the country is in a better condition now than it was 12 years ago? I think you must be living in the same fantasy world as our deluded Prime Mentalist where everything in the garden is rosy, we have full employment, the sick are well cared for, the prisons are empty and the police have nothing to do with their time but harrass motorists. Oh and it's all the fault of greedy American bankers and Maggie. Or a big boy did it then ran away. :roll::roll::roll:

How many Recessions did we have under the Tories, this is our first under Labour :wink:

1981 recession

1992 recession, and they managed this on their own the rest of the world was not :wink:

Did a big boy cause these and then run away

Yes Labour are party responsable for this recession we could have been better prepared, but if Britains banks had not messed up we would still be in recession as the rest of the World that we trade with is :!::wink:

How many Recessions did we have under the Tories, this is our first under Labour :wink:

1981 recession

1992 recession, and they managed this on their own the rest of the world was not :wink:

Yes Labour are party responsable for this recession we could have been better prepared, but if Britains banks had not messed up we would still be in recession as the rest of the World that we trade with is :!::wink:

I do recall that the Labour Government of the late 70s had to call in the IMF to bail us out....what goes around comes around as they say. :wink:

Ink; the encouragement of agency working during the last 10 year economic binge, which involved us becoming an open house for every economic refugee in the world - demonstrates that this Gov couldn't plan for recession, cos they just didn't see it coming. :shock: Now they're panicking to get rid of all the cheap labour - without appearing too callous! :roll::wink:

Obs, in my experience the big expansion in agency workers, as well as in out-sourcing and off-shoring, within the IT and Engineering industries occurred in the mid to late 90's. And was a direct response to the redundancy costs incurred during the '92 recession.

The last Tory govt. took an axe to workers rights and opted out of EU legislation on the subject, the current Labour one has spent nearly 12 years kow-towing to the CBI and doing absolutely nothing for anyone who can't afford a peerage.

Doesn't matter who "started it", they're all culpable.

1981 recession

Now you really are having a laugh!! Every labour government has ended up trying to bankrupt the country by spending more than the country earns. Saying that the Tories did it as well in the 80s and 90s doesn't mean that this shower hasn't been the most incompetent government in the entire history of the world :wink::wink:

asparity

You say Labour are more sleazy than the Tory's were, I prove you wrong :wink: , Then you try to make out the Tory's had a better economic record than Labour, Again I put you right :wink: . I will not answer your latest crass cheap comment on the Labour party other than when you have to rely on cheap name calling you no you have lost the debate :wink:

asparity

You say Labour are more sleazy than the Tory's were, I prove you wrong :wink: , Then you try to make out the Tory's had a better economic record than Labour, Again I put you right :wink: . I will not answer your latest crass cheap comment on the Labour party other than when you have to rely on cheap name calling you no you have lost the debate :wink:

Very touchy when your favourite party is criticised aren't you?? And as for the "proof" I see no more than your assertion that what you say is true - self verification isn't really "proof" of anything except your own self delusion that this Liebour government is even more incompetent than its predecessors. Very sad. :roll::roll::roll:

And by the way I think you mean to say "the Torys were" rather than "Tory's". :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: