bankquay warrington on the map

alan

can not put the pic on so have a look at

http://1.2.3.12/bmi/i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/16/article-0-0389280C000005DC-834_468x313.jpg

read the full story here is you missed news at ten

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1146502/Kiss-goodbye-Brief-Encounters-train-station-puts-No-Kissing-sign.html

alan it was Colin Daniels, chief executive of Warrington Chamber of Commerce.

and i am sure eagle eyed ace reporter gary will be following up on the story if not ready

This is all done in fun.

From memory the signs were donated from an American town or City to Warrington some time ago but never put up.

Given that the station has just undergone a face lift it seems appropriate that the face was highlighted just before Valentine's Day, how romantic.

Pucker up and get down to Bank Quay for a romantic good bye. :lol:

saw a mention of this on the midday news on bbc and had a bit of a chuckle. who will "police" this i wonder and will there be an on the spot fine for kissing in the wrong place/area/zone? (that sounds a bit smutty no matter what word i put in there) :lol:

also mentioned at the time was the junior football team from i think woolston who are going on strike due to an administrative error that does not let the girls play in the team. one young lad was quoted as saying that the girls were better players which accounted for the success of the team. it seems that the paperwork to register the girls had gone astray and did not arrive before the deadline so they are not allowed to play or something like that. :oops:

This item was in WWW a few days ago! Gary will be very upset that you lot didn't see it!! :D:D:D:D:D

Asperity - you know me too well! :oops:

The news pages should be everyones first port of call and then at least you have a slight chance of knowing what you are talking about - although I know a few posters are beyond help! :wink:

Knowing the full facts of the story - it is amazing the amount of spin the national media put on a story - I suppose a few readers could be forgiven for not realising it is th esame story we carried on Saturday! :roll:

i could not access the news page over the weekend despite waiting twenty minutes it refused to load so missed that story. :?

yes we did have a few blips!! But you can check out the news stories for the whole month by just clicking on the full news index, everything is then auto archived which you can then search for using the site search facilty.

e.g If you were interested in finding out what has been written about the peace centre since the new site went live you can find it all by using the site search box.

Quite a useful tool even if I say so myself!

Warrington's answer to google!

:roll::wink:

I read about it on Gary's front page news first...... :D (despite the connection being rather slow over the weekend :wink:)

I must be odd as I always read the WW daily news page before I check what's new on the forum.

News first.. chit chat later :D:P

I read about it on Gary's front page news first...... :D (despite the connection being rather slow over the weekend :wink:)

I must be odd as I always read the WW daily news page before I check what's new on the forum.

News first.. chit chat later :D:P

Dismayed - you have restored my faith in the human race! :D

Well this has hit the German News as well it was on the National news at midday today...

The Germans were asked if they could imagine this being imposed on them,they all said NO WAY!!!...

I think i will have to take one of the lady posters down there in May and try it out and see what happens!! Any volunteers!!!!!(female only)

Steve

From the Daily Mail article:

Mr Daniels said: 'It was all a bit of fun, but there is a serious message underneath.'

Yes, the message, evidently, is that Mr Daniels needs to see a psychoanalyst. There's some kind of ego control fantasy going on there.

The continual assertion that it's a bit of a laugh sounds a bit strange to me. Or more precisely, it sounds like a feeble attempt to play things down, like those pathetic people who insult others and then say "I was only joking."

If I want a bit of a laugh I'll watch a comedian. These people aren't in the entertainment business - which is just as well.

Virgin Trains? No wonder....