Parks under attack by WBC Darlington measurers

Geoffrey Settle

• 3 weeks later...

Am I reading Celia Jordan's letter in the press yesterday right?

She thanks the children of local schol for writing to Paula Darlington about the litter and dog poo in Peel Hall park. She then goes on to write:

Perhaps when the litter is cleared the children (with supervision) could help to keep it attractive - the Street Scene team would be delighted to have help and would ensure their safety. Celia Jordan -LibDem Clr for Stockton Heath - March 5)

I think that this smacks of child labour, an under resourced Street Scene and lack of Park Rangers.

One persons waste is anothers pet project, I thought Paul was going to wage a war on "waste" on the Council, only to discover he's been spending time on a committee considering arguements for an increase in Member Allowances! :wink::lol:

I am Observer, quietly in the background and proffering my advice. Problem is I'm up against the likes of Geoff who wants to have more spent on his pet projects. :wink::D

Allowances :wink::D ....I'm looking to simplify the process. Much better if there was some nationally agreed scheme.

You'll never rationalise the budget without breaking a few eggs; unfortunately, we have activities and expenditure by the Council that have evolved historically, represent duplication, and keep a few vested interests employed - wonder if they've finally got a tracking system for their cheques to such groups, to ensure they are actually spent on organisational activity and not on a personal trip to India every year?! :wink: Similarly, you won't resolve the allowance system, as the folk with "an interest" are the folk making the decisions; hence efforts to make the process "independent" - which evidently has now been superceded. :roll: While your at it, you could be promoting a "national" pay scale for ALL Officer posts, including CEOs, might stop the Premiere League style wage inflation! :wink:

Is that the best that you can come up with?... my knowlegde is based on information received over the years. :wink:

Speaking of further information the Lib/Dem to cancel Service Level Agreements required to protect SINCs.

This will have a big negative impact on Warrington's Biodiversity. :evil:

Geoff,

For the un-enlightened, perhaps you should write in English.