New road markings

ex padgate girl

Has anyone been on Manchester road and negotiated the roundabout at the end of the grange yet.

I came from the Irlam direction this morning heading toward Birchwood as i have done for many years. They have put new road markings on the Island. I was totaly flaberghasted. It was frightening and i did not know what lane i was supposed to be in. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed it.

WACKY RACES sprang to mind.

I ended up taking a deep breath and shutting my eyes. Not sure im supposed to drive that way.

the painters have done the same on Sankey Way by David LLoyds.

Phew I thought it was me going mad. Came down Sankey Way on Saturday and the sudden new road markings completely threw me. :shock:

I was driving in the same lane that I've driven down regularly for the past few years when I suddenly found myself being 'the idiot in the wrong lane frantically trying to figure out where I was supposed to be.'....along with everyone else I might add. Actually it wasn't quite everyone as a daily to**er in the 'go faster' short outside lane which disappears just after the lights still tried to run me off the road :roll:

Maybe a sign saying CHANGED ROAD MARKINGS/LANES may help stop a serious accident from happening.

I thought thats what the've done, why else would they put up all that metal fencing on the central reservation. I accept its difficult to cross there at busy times but there can't be that many needing to cross because there's very little on the other side other than an out of town pub that most people drive to.

There has to be some cut off point where the pedestrian numbers just don?t justify the cost involved in providing such an elaborate crossing.

Bill :)

No no paint mountain.

Just council tax to be wasted. Thats why pavements are being put in where no one walks, holes in pavements are being filled in so the invisible walkers do not trip, and any other useless job is found that wastes money so the Environment department can get more money to waste next year...

this is why council tax keeps rising.

Bill - I thought thats what the've done, why else would they put up all that metal fencing on the central reservation. I accept its difficult to cross there at busy times but there can't be that many needing to cross because there's very little on the other side other than an out of town pub that most people drive to.

There has to be some cut off point where the pedestrian numbers just don?t justify the cost involved in providing such an elaborate crossing

Bill I bet you would be up in arms if a pedestrian was seriously injured or god forbid someone was killed on this road! Where else are we supposed to cross? What cost is a life!

Behave yourself Bill and stop being so shortsighted, you see money being spent on essential saftey schemes and jump on the warrington bashing bandwagon with all of your other cronies. Get a life! :(

Virginian, perhaps you?d like to point out exactly where in my post you think I?m knocking the council?

An by the way, hiding behind the old chestnut of ?god forbid someone was killed on this road!? is the usual argument put forward by none thinking people when the facts don?t justify the proposal and is little more than an attempt to take the moral high ground.

The facts are this is a busy road, but only during the rushhours and even then, only in one direction at a time. There is a wide central reservation that would aid any pedestrians trying to cross. There is nothing on the other side of the road really except fields hence you just don?t see people trying to cross there.

I live and work in the area and I don?t see a major problem, but I stand to be corrected if you can provide any facts at all to support your argument.

Bill I bet you would be up in arms if a pedestrian was seriously injured or god forbid someone was killed on this road! Where else are we supposed to cross? What cost is a life!

Behave yourself Bill and stop being so shortsighted, you see money being spent on essential saftey schemes and jump on the warrington bashing bandwagon with all of your other cronies. Get a life! :(

Essential? Quite a statement that, like Bill, I'd like to see the mountain of evidence to back up that claim.

I asked the council for similar stats on the Cromwell resurfacing/speed bumping plan becasue that was one of their tenets too, and yet I can;t recall any accident in my four years there.

As Bill says, falling back on "safety" is due to a lack of any viable reason in the first place.

Virginian

So from that reply I take it you cant tell me where I?m knocking the council neither can you produce any facts to support your argument.

I put it to you again that you?re incapable of any rational discussion and the only reason for visits to this forum is to attempt to stir up trouble.

Any you tell me to get a life :lol::lol::lol:

Yes but in all fairness, that is directly opposite a school and on a bend in the road and given there are no other crossing points except at either end of this road, so I suspect few would honestly take serious issue with this.

The one I was questioning though is at Woolston Grange Avenue at the very top of Manchester Road. Here it seems that considerable effort and expense has gone into providing an elaborate crossing mechanism leading to nowhere that hardly anyone would use. And if anyone did use it, they?d still have to cross the road in exactly the same way as they did before.

I welcome road safety initiatives where there?s justification but when it seems that we?re just doing it because the money?s there and while other aspects of our infrastructure are falling into disrepair then I say it?s right to question such actions.

I welcome road safety initiatives where there?s justification but when it seems that we?re just doing it because the money?s there and while other aspects of our infrastructure are falling into disrepair then I say it?s right to question such actions.

I have suspected this for some time Bill. They spend to their budget for fear of having less to play with next year, so have to "justify" what they were awarded this year. No wonder council tax just goes up and up.