US blackmail -

observer

Can't see what the problem is with toture at Guantanamo personally.

If they had information and refused to divulge it, why not take what ever steps needed to recover it?

I mean lets face it, If (as some of the detainees were) captured in a war zone and then claim to be on "holiday" there is something not quite right .........isn't there?

Can't see what the problem is with toture at Guantanamo personally.

If they had information and refused to divulge it, why not take what ever steps needed to recover it?

I mean lets face it, If (as some of the detainees were) captured in a war zone and then claim to be on "holiday" there is something not quite right .........isn't there?

absolutely

Information gained as a result of torture is useless. All of us would say anything to the torturers simply to relieve the pain we would be in. If I was in enough pain I would admit to flying one of the planes on 9-11 with the shooting of JFK thrown in as a bonus.

Quite right such info is useless..

Steve

so we picture the scene......

Spy:"OK raghead, tell us where the bomb is...."

Terrorist (Or possibly tourist; who knows):"No"

Spy; pulling out terrorists finger nails......

Terrorist:"Ouch, OK it is in the no.27 bus"

Spy (on radio): "Bomb is in the no. 27 bus"

Boss:"Who told you that?"

Spy: "Johnny Terrorist"

Boss: "Gosh, that was good of him"

Spy: "Well we had to pull his fingernails out before he told us"

Boss: "Gosh, that isn't very decent old chap"

Spy: "He wouldn't have told us otherwise"

Boss: "No excuse old bean, that information is useless"

Spy: "Aren't you even going to check the number 27 bus then?"

Boss: "No, as I said, that information is useless"

BANG (No more no.27 bus)

Terrorist: "Tee Hee!"

Lt Kije; Did you plant the bomb Baz

Baz; No

Lt Kije; Holding electric drill to Baz's knee cap, Did you plant the Bomb Baz,

Baz, Yes, and I would also like to confess to all the unsolved murders in the country and every bank job, infact I would like to confess, it was me that grassed Jesus up, I did it all :wink:

Can you see where I'm coming from :wink:

Under torture anyone can be made to admit to anything; so aside from sating the paranoia or sadism of the torturers; the information is useless in itself and taints any possibility of legal due process. :shock: It also defeats the moral case the perpetrator, who immediately lose the moral high ground in the arguement. :roll::wink:

Torcher should be use all the time to gain intelligence or information which leads to a successful out come.

But what forms of torcher is used is open to a number of things. it is not just pulling out finger nails out. As in this day and age it is old hat doing that we are more invented today on how we get the informaion needed. We are not the only country who uses torturer.

but one thing we have going for us is if it happens in this country you will be treated well after under the Geneva Conventions before we get what we need they are not Prisoners of War really they are None combatants. You can not say that about other countries on how they treat others.

And no the report should not be given .why? to give anyone information on how we obtain the intelligence or information is no concern to the general public . I hear you say what difference will it make? a lot why give out the tricks of the trade as this is what it is at the end of the day a skilful trade.

so how we obtained the information from whom ever and how ever must be kept away from jo public who as no clue on how its done in this country.

In this day and age intelligence in the most important weapon in today?s warfare how we obtain this is not important to the public unless you?re a terrorist .

And one more thing its not used to make some one say I did this or I did that.

its information they hold or intelligence they have which they are freely not going to give to you on where lives could be lost . Not to make some one say I did that or this

So its fine for me to torture all the local teenagers in my area to find out who has been taking parts off my car in the middle of the night then is it??

Omg do we live in the dark ages still? " To the torture chamber with him!!!"

Bullying is a form of torture and yet that is frowned upon (quite rightly so) ,so how any of you can condone torture in any shape or form beggars belief.

LarryLightweight your not listening are you.

I said "for information and intelligence only " on where lives could be lost.

but if the local scrot is putting the public in danger on where lives could be lost and you?re a member of the intelligence services or H.M service ( some how I do not think so with your reply) do him.

What do you think the police do when they arrest him?

he will be questioned and then get locked up. against his will as he will allways say.

and then the law gose on to jail him taking away his freedom is that bullying or torture but we hide that in a word called justice ?

And we all know when he`s in jail big bubber will have is way. we know that happens is that bulling or torture prision rape?.

we also keep ill people alive when they at the end of there life?s against there wil but for doctors we call that the doctors Oath.

Also when people who are in painbut doctors they keep them alive agants there will. Is that torture?

bullying is when your picking on some one weaker than you.

a none combation only job is to end your life and others but that called a fatwa

only a handful of trained interrogators are trained and authorized to use the techniques:

1. The Attention Grab: The interrogator forcefully grabs the shirt front of the prisoner and shakes him.

2. Attention Slap: An open-handed slap aimed at causing pain and triggering fear.

3. The Belly Slap: A hard open-handed slap to the stomach. The aim is to cause pain, but not internal injury. Doctors consulted advised against using a punch, which could cause lasting internal damage.

4. Long Time Standing: This technique is described as among the most effective. Prisoners are forced to stand, handcuffed and with their feet shackled to an eye bolt in the floor for more than 40 hours. Exhaustion and sleep deprivation are effective in yielding confessions.

5. The Cold Cell: The prisoner is left to stand naked in a cell kept near 50 degrees. Throughout the time in the cell the prisoner is doused with cold water.

6. Water Boarding: The prisoner is bound to an inclined board, feet raised and head slightly below the feet. Cellophane is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt.

You all sit in your home today safe in the knowledge that none comations find it hard to disrupt your little world.

You just have no clue.

How do you think the IRA where question nicely ?

You sit in your ivory tower saying this is bad when every country use this technique.

I said if it put an end to people dieing its justified whether we debit this till the cows come home it will be used all ways will I know it will do the job for getting intelligence.

What would you want a suicide bomber shouting move away I have a bomb strapped to me?

do you think he?s concerned about your well being ?

Or do you think there a phone line where none combations ring to say "jacks going to the market today he got a bomb.

` here is where is boss lives and name who told him to do it."

And why aim on the phone here` where is mate lives and is name who made the bomb

`also if you check this address this is where we hold all the arm and making equipment".

Wake up smell the roses

6. Water Boarding: The prisoner is bound to an inclined board, feet raised and head slightly below the feet. Cellophane is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt.

Exactly !! So, a person would say anything at all to stop this treatment. Ergo the information is worthless.

You also mention sleep deprivation but you probably don't know if you are kept awake you'll be dead inside a week.

You are presuming every one is Innocent?

But if there not its done its job.

as for anyone dieing yes it can happen but if the result is to kill them just shoot them in the first place,

but its not its to gain information by interrogation .

As a result we where trained as long as the torture is still going on your still alive and will be kept alive.

after all you no good to them dead.

as you know from reports from British soldiers whom have been captured. And all the reports back from them as long as the torture was going on they where alive they where more frightened when it stopped

Seems the "special relationship" requires the UK to assist in the cover up of alleged torture in Guantanamo, or suffer no further co-operation in intelligence information - some relationship!

Observer can you give me a reference article on this statement please? I am not refuting it - justwant to read it