Protectionism?

observer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does that mean "democracy" is not acceptable when it's outcomes don't suit your views? :? Actually, old Adolf only won around 20% of the vote under a PR system, unfortunately, the other right wing conservative parties supported him, cos of their fear and hatred of the left. :shock::wink: BTW. Had to laugh at Mandy's comment, that British workers should go out and seek work in Europe; reminded me of Norman Tebbit's famous quote that we should all get on our bikes! :wink:

I fail to see any logic in a system that encourages, even forces workers to commute half way round Europe, when the required skills are available locally - yet another example of the nonesense that is the global economy, and contravenes all the aspirations with regard to reducing global warming. :roll::twisted:

Nope; I merely refer to it, as we have been assailed by these arguements by this Government for many years now, the same Government that is promoting global movement - thus it exposes THEIR hypocritical position. :shock: Mere logic pursuades me that "localism" is preferable in many ways to "globalism"; including the latest "crisis" arising from a bit of snow, due to a reliance on "commuting". :roll::wink:

His party were, The UK vote parties into power not personalities (like the USA) :wink:

But in this case I would disagree because people voted for Tony Bliar and Nu labour and voted for him as a personality and voted for him and his party when he stood up before the last election and lied that he would complete a full term.

Gordon Brown wasn't elected but Tony Bliar was.....

Oh.... ok then. So none of the big tide of euphoria that surrounded Labours win back in 1997 was to do with the fact that Tony Bliar was the leader and not Neil Knnock.

Nothing at all. All of those Tory voters defected to Labour to give them the swinging victory because they liked the Labour party and its ideas and not the young, dynamic leader that was fronting them?

If you believe that you are as naive as you appear from your signature Lt

Fraid Kyje is right on this one Baz; in the UK we vote (on a first past the post basis) for individual MPs. :shock: Whichever Party has then a majority, provides it's Leader as PM. :? That isn't to say, that in this era of personality cults, many vote for a Party cos they think their Leader is nice looking - more a criticism of the electorate methinks! :roll::wink:

Sadly the cult of personality is growing in British politics, Started in my opinion by Maggie,Blair cought on quickly and moved it forward in leaps and bounds, and it looks like cameron will use it at the next election, the Labour party will not be able to do it this time as its hard to have a personallity when your dead :wink:

Fraid Kyje is right on this one Baz

:shock::shock:

I must be having a positive effect on this furum, Observer is agreeing with me :D:lol::wink:

Please don't make a habbit of it or it will get boring :wink: , if this carries on you will be voting for a single currency next,and my work will be done :wink::lol:

Flying Pig alert :lol::lol: