Scrooge is alive and well.

Peter T

Fatshaft,

The point, is that the land is not being used.

It would be a nice gesture for the company to allow it's use FREE of charge until such time as it is needed.

Maybe not such a bad idea, chasing up companies that have unused space available.

Perhaps we should be targetting the parents for buying the cars!!!! :roll:

I feel as i am the Presenter and Producer of Warrington.tv and my son being at the college that a warrington.tv news film outside the car park to highlight this issue and broadcast across Warrington and indeed the region as well as the world may bring this issue to the forefront of public awareness.

I think you will be struggling to get it seen in Warrington never mind the region and THE WORLD :shock::shock: and even if you did 99.99% wouldn't give a toss. :roll::roll:

Fatshaft,

It would be a nice gesture for the company to allow it's use FREE of charge until such time as it is needed.

Maybe not such a bad idea, chasing up companies that have unused space available.

Well perhaps instead of banging his one sided drum, he could do something constructive and actually approach Greenalls and the college and see if he can broker a deal for just such a thing to happen? Seems a more enlightened and constructive approach wouldn't you agree?

Fatshaft,

Well perhaps instead of banging his one sided drum, he could do something constructive and actually approach Greenalls and the college and see if he can broker a deal for just such a thing to happen? Seems a more enlightened and constructive approach wouldn't you agree?

Sadly, it has already got past this stage. that's why the carpark has been barricaded.

Allegedly, Greenall's were demanding money for the use of, and when an agreement wasn't forthcoming, the place was blocked off.

Methink's that IF Indy hadn't posted on this topic, most of you wouldn't have done so either.

Perhaps it is the first "have a go at Indy 2009", rather than a response to a serious problem on Lousher's Lane. :roll::wink:

PS. James, where you went wrong, was not suggesting taking your camera to the chaos at Westbrook. People obviously feel excluded.

:shock: Peter, clearly as you say if i hadn't posted then many others would not have bothered either.

Don't take much to get people wound up on here does it Peter .......

As for family interests, my son does not drive there so as for furthering my own interests ??? not true

It is a shame this thread didn't have the headline - students cause car parking chaos - it might have caught my eye then - just to really rock the boat now I think it is outrageous that students attending a 6th form college catering for youngsters aged 16-18 has a car parking problem.

When I was a student you got a bus pass or on your bike and there was no traffic congestion - and I'm talking less than 30 years ago!

No wonder we have traffic and pollution problems.

If a student can afford a car then they can afford to pay to park it like the rest of us!

Still awaiting the warrington.tv exclusive Indy!

:wink:

:roll: Gary there is clearly no appetite for the film to be made so why should i bother ?? costs time and money to produce, both of which are in short supply at the moment .....

Besides got enough on my plate at the moment with this damn credit crunch biting ever harder.

Sure this subject will now die a natural death.

Peter and Indy I voiced my opinions based solely on how I personally felt regarding the situation. I have never conversed with Indy on here and certainly have no axe to grind with him. That said I suppose the quote below did seem a bit egocentric to me.

"I feel as i am the Presenter and Producer of Warrington.tv and my son being at the college that a warrington.tv news film outside the car park to highlight this issue and broadcast across Warrington and indeed the region as well as the world may bring this issue to the forefront of public awareness. "

I wonder if you crooked your little finger and laughed like Doctor Evil after typing it Indy? :wink:

I really can't see what the huge problem is.... there's always Morrisons car park :lol:

Kick them all out just after they turn the age of 17 as they won't have passed their driving tests by then... problem solved :lol::shock:

Gary is right ... if the students are finding it so hard to park then why don't they use their feet, a bike, a bus, get dropped off or even a student car share (body kit, exhaust system and loud speakers 'passanger' approved though I guess 8) )